Compression ratio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firemansam

Hi to all picked up a second hand solo 23 engine as Im building a fg from pars Ive picked up from flea bay dose eny 1 no what the compression ratio should be

thanks

I don't know the compression rating of any toy car engine BUT........

You won't want to hear this but I'd really consider getting a later engine as the solo are very scarce, not only the people using them but parts.

I know this won't help but it's meant with the best intentions.

yeah I no the engines realy old just haveing a potch about at the mo to see if I can get it to run the whole car has only cost me £100 to build so not realy looking to spend mega amounts of cash on it at the moment but thaks for the info

the stock zenoah g230rc is listed at 8.8:1 compression. couldnt tell you on the solo, no experience with them.

i have to agree with mike though, if and when you need to put some money into that motor it would be best to go with a zenoah or cy, just from a parts availability standpoint.

Thanks for youe help I tested the compression yesterday and Im getting around 60psi which is about 4 bar so theres a bit of waer there but it should still run.
The main reson Im playing about is it to get used to how tha bigger cars work and how much they are to repair plus have a bit of fun in the mean time. Im not a total newbie to rc just looking for a progression fromthe savage x that Ive spent way to much cash on

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks