Considering a 4WD on-road touring car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stay away from alloy body posts, ive seen with aluminum post that the body can actually load the chassis. you also would rather have flex in these parts so they will take an impact instead of bending. myself, id hold off on alloy parts for now. wait till you have the car and have run it, get a feel for the car and that way you can decide what you feel you need to upgrade.

Sharkey you don't see that 1/5 scale motors are getting more powerful each year ?? How long do you think it will be before the 1/5 scale motors become to powerful for 2wd 1/5 scale cars?

1/5 scale motors are getting more powerful, but when you look around at the touring car race stuff, its small increases in power as racers are limited to 23cc. the biggest thing is having a smooth powerband. i think it will be a while yet before we see the limits of 2wd cars.

4wd may become popular in club racing in the next few years, however i think it'll be a while yet before we start seeing 4wd at a national level.

Hi guys,

I'm considering to buy a good 1/5 scale on-road touring car. At the moment I'm looking at the FG Modellsport Sportsline 4WD cars and the MCD X4 Rally cars. The price of these 2 cars fit my budget. I would appreciate if you guys can give me some advise on which would be a better buy in terms of parts quality, easy availability of replacement parts and also hop-up parts. Apart from these 2 different cars mentioned above, do let me know if I have missed any other models that are worth considering.

Pls also recommend me a reliable on-line store to buy one of these cars. I'm from an overseas country so I'm a little concern when it comes to shipping and stuff.

Thank you :)

I have the FG 4WD Porsche GT3 RSR and have had nothing but fun with it. Bullet proof and relatively easy to set-up and drive. I have about 8 tanks through it and on my second set of tires. It is a blast and always draws a crowd. Great service from VSM Motorsports or FG Supply. If not in stock they will get you one very quick.

http://www.fgsupply.com/FG_Cars-4WD_On_Road_1_5_scale.html

The MCD Rally car can be ran onroad and offroad. IT IS HEAVY. But it is very durable. I live in the United States and order my parts from Innovative Hobby Products. I suspect that the FG 4wd would be faster on a road course than the MCD Rally car would be because the FG is lighter

Ok, point noted. Thanks for all the valuable input guys. Also, does anyone have the experience of using the TPS ignition system on their on-road cars? How much of a difference does it cause on an engine. I believe the engine got to be ported in order for the TPS to work well? Any feedback on these? They do cost a bomb. Worth the money?

the power of a 30.5 will get that car moving in a hurry, however the big stroker motor will run out of rpm far too soon for an onroad car, and the car wont have much top speed. there isnt many options to gear the car a lot taller to make use of the torque of a 30.5. this is why most stick with 23cc, and to a lesser extent 26cc in cars, the small motors have tons of rpm.

for the record, the 30.5 should bolt right in. you may need to use the zenoah clutch housing.

Hi Sharkey, with regards to your advise on the 30.5cc engine, at the moment on my Baja 5T, this engine produce more than 20K RPM. So this means I won't be loosing out in terms or revving? High RPM is what these on-road cars need right?

The MCD Rally car can be ran onroad and offroad. IT IS HEAVY. But it is very durable. I live in the United States and order my parts from Innovative Hobby Products. I suspect that the FG 4wd would be faster on a road course than the MCD Rally car would be because the FG is lighter

i don't think FG can run off road coz FG don't have gear cover like the MCD have

i don't think FG can run off road coz FG don't have gear cover like the MCD have
............ Man you would not want to run that nice FG 4wd , offroad it is made for onroad. Unless you get one of there offroad buggys MCD rally car can run offroad or onroad. Have fun with your new 4wd cars.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks