Considering the redcat racing rampage xb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Bachand

Hello everyone!

I'm in the research phase of purchasing a buggy either gas or nitro 1/8 scale or 1/5 scale and I'm very interested in the rampage xb due to price point and it seems from videos to be a decent buggy.

Primary uses will be just for fun in grass (backyard bashing) and if I can find a track i would love to go that route but it appears there's just not many tracks locally (I'm in Monroe NC) that allow 1/5 scale buggies.

The nitro buggy I have been looking at is the infrerno MP9 tki3 ready set and it appears to have a lot to offer for the price but I'm concerned it won't go in grass that well or without wearing out clutches all the time. I'm not as concerned with tuning as I've ran nitro boats before and remember that somewhat of a headache.

I know the first thing the rampage needs is a pipe from reading but other than that it looks solid. I see the controller isn't as high tech as the inferno MP9 ready sets but I can live with that if I get longer run time and less headache.

Any advice?

If you have any desire to race at all I would go with the 1/8th scale buggy as there aren't a bunch of places that race 1/5th scale and it seems you've already started to notice that.

Otherwise 1/5th scale is AWESOME and the Redcat can be a pretty decent RC. Add a couple upgrades and I'm sure you'll be very happy.

If you have any desire to race at all I would go with the 1/8th scale buggy as there aren't a bunch of places that race 1/5th scale and it seems you've already started to notice that.

Otherwise 1/5th scale is AWESOME and the Redcat can be a pretty decent RC. Add a couple upgrades and I'm sure you'll be very happy.

Thanks for the response! I contacted the two tracks close to me and they both said they don't allow 1/5th scale and that there just isn't any tracks large enough for them around but as you mentioned they did say that 1/5th scale buggies are awesome and that if I did go that route they have plenty of people that race the 1/8ths but also run 1/5s for fun.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks