Conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hebert2756

Guys looking for assistance if you have done this. I purchased the Rovan electric conversion from Feerless RC. I am wondering what you use for support under the motor. Also what is the correct adjustment from spur gear to pinion gear. Thanks for the help.

To answer your mesh question, cut a strip of paper and let's the gears draw it in. You want the gears to crinkle the paper without tearing it, if it tears the mesh is too tight.

Guys looking for assistance if you have done this. I purchased the Rovan electric conversion from Feerless RC. I am wondering what you use for support under the motor. Also what is the correct adjustment from spur gear to pinion gear. Thanks for the help.

To answer your mesh question, cut a strip of paper and let's the gears draw it in. You want the gears to crinkle the paper without tearing it, if it tears the mesh is too tight.
Thank you for that

too loose - more gear wear, maybe stripped gears. too tight - binding, load on motor, damaged gears. you want just enough back and forth gear play so it won't bind at any point in the gears' rotation (if it rocks back and forth just a little you're prob ok).

if im not mistaken i think the paper trick only works well on 1.0 pitch gears?
i stopped using it after i got a feel for it
It's been the go too method for setting all rc gears thay arnt super fine as long as I can remember. At some point you stop using the paper, but everyone did use paper at some point.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks