Crank Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you would be better off getting the complete head kit from DDM..
every thing for the upper end..gaskets, cylinder, stroked crank ,piston .rod, wrist pin,
rod bearing,,think like 99 Bux make it over 100 buxs free shipping.....AKA Slawhammer

After much thought on a stuffed crank..the incerts could come loose and damage the
engine..I have built a couple of small engines before as well as dirt bikes..I like solid crank my self...But then I do not race..so then you look at ported cylinders ..the list goes on to
have the most out put for a small 2 cycle engine...From what I have read..ESP & O'neill
or Dark Soul are good engine's..Just depends on what you want I guess..AKA Slawhammer

This is my 6th or so tear down of different motors and head kits. I just was wondering but, did forget about the stuffing falling apart. Just put it back stock and bored/refitted out the insulator better and good to go for another 3 years.:)

Good to hear on your engine...when comes time to rebuild my engine..bottom end
stock and the top end ..well skys the limit there..cylinder ported ,,billit head..maybe add
on reed valve..carb...there are so many idea's to achive the out put for horse power..
AKASlawhammer

Good to hear on your engine...when comes time to rebuild my engine..bottom end
stock and the top end ..well skys the limit there..cylinder ported ,,billit head..maybe add
on reed valve..carb...there are so many idea's to achive the out put for horse power..
AKASlawhammer

I so wanted to but $$ not there so $35.00 and good as new - For now!!:ph34r:

After much thought on a stuffed crank..the incerts could come loose and damage the
engine.

How is this possible?

I have a 28cc headkit with a stuffed crank from oniells that I got through bigboystoys about a year ago, but my truck was damaged about the same time the kit arrived and I didn't bother installing it. Now that its back up and running thanks to the guys and wealth of info on this forum, I want to so bad but now that you mention this, I'm a little skeptical and think I may have wasted my $$.

My stock 26 with the jetpro delivers quite good, now that it has a few gallons through it.

Ok. the incerts are a plastic disk..they vibrate loose a little..all that is need is a chunk
2mm wide by 5mm long ..break off get sucked in to combustion chamber,,,yov'e done damage...About like a clip coming off the wrist pin on the piston....
From what I have read different forums..you can remove the disk...I have never used a stuffed crank before ..so I can't really tell ya..I have always had a solid crank...
Best bet is to research about stuffed cranks..AKASlawhammer

Bigger The Better: I know there is much to be said about a stuffed crank..And to what has been read ..I called Sean at O'neill Brothers just to get the facts..Quote..We have ran engine's at 20K and have never had a stuffed crank come apart......I my self am from the old school and have always used a soild crank..AkA Slawhammer

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks