Critique my throttle/brake linkage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polar_Bus

It's been many years since I modded a throttle linkage (we all know the factory ones always suck). I bought a "improved" linkage off Ebay that looked great in the pics, but as usuall when I had it in my hands for an inspection I immediately realized it was total JUNK. I did use a few components , and I used some components from the OEM setup. I also used some .093" 316SS welding wire to fab a beefy linkage for the brake. It took a lot of tweaking, adding spacers, shimming , more bends, start over , tweak again, but what you see is my final rig. I like it, it performs very smooth, seems to have more that adequate force put on the brake caliper, and during throttle operations the brake pads free float so no brake pad dragging. Have a close look and make sure I have things correct, Thanks

It's been many years since I modded a throttle linkage (we all know the factory ones always suck). I bought a "improved" linkage off Ebay that looked great in the pics, but as usuall when I had it in my hands for an inspection I immediately realized it was total JUNK. I did use a few components , and I used some components from the OEM setup. I also used some .093" 316SS welding wire to fab a beefy linkage for the brake. It took a lot of tweaking, adding spacers, shimming , more bends, start over , tweak again, but what you see is my final rig. I like it, it performs very smooth, seems to have more that adequate force put on the brake caliper, and during throttle operations the brake pads free float so no brake pad dragging. Have a close look and make sure I have things correct, Thanks

I'm not expert but I think it's fine as long as its smooth and does the thrrottle and braking properly. The one that I think u bought is total crap like u said, it's a clone of the yamadude (ithink that's the name?) Throttle linkage Wich is very good, just expensive.

So i'm sitting back enjoying one of my rare "victory cigars" admiring my throttle / brake collaboration and I decide to finish by adding the roll cage...... and guess what....... the front frame crossmember of the cage that passes over the top of the battery / RX box interferes with the ends of the linkage rods ! MOTHER^$%&)@! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So after some work with a hacksaw and some alternate bracing everything fits.

So i'm sitting back enjoying one of my rare "victory cigars" admiring my throttle / brake collaboration and I decide to finish by adding the roll cage...... and guess what....... the front frame crossmember of the cage that passes over the top of the battery / RX box interferes with the ends of the linkage rods ! MOTHER^$%&)@! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So after some work with a hacksaw and some alternate bracing everything fits.
Well that sux, always something. Glad it's good now, no biggy

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks