Custom Trophy Truck Project 1/5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nZzzzz

Hello everyone.

Not so far we started a new custom project. There are a lot of inspirational movies on youtube, but the most of them apply to 1/10 - 1/8 scale, so the main reason why do we start is creating something really special and interesting. One of the most unique detail is the cantilever rear suspension and straight drive train.

Final result:

Technical specification:

1) 2WD

2) Motor - Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 149KV

3) ESC - Mamba monster 6s / Ezrun MAX6 ESC (3-8S)

4) Batteries - 6s-8s LiPo

5) Chassis - aluminum milled on CNC

6) Skeleton - caprolon milled on CNC

7) Length - 810mm, width - 440mm, height - 280mm.

8) Ground clearance - min 65mm (back axle), 0-100mm (front axle).

9) Suspension travel - up to 120mm front, up to 200mm back.

We had a lot of experiments during this 6 months.

At the very beginning we created a full caprolon version with custom composite body.

Ub0km7iD6XxV5QgHcePHBIlGdrL0eGjFh63mLEcspZsluFue24l-HOdqzn9fJ7Oq0xGwrnaN6tuZTgohA=w2148-h1432-no.jpg
oy4ZLNyaqAX5OxEgOKqpypp88rMM7rii3hm19qJ8TLL_dxLRPmGjiHxjMh8vPlMS071ulM-MLCZnCRpgQ=w2148-h1432-no.jpg
iB4YWJFsWhSOoCRPjTLvwk2uhGhyOW0qyo-M9jVcI8wewRdq-RNivn44MDtNVeQ14hT4GiIcnuYnKneWA=w2148-h1432-no.jpg

First ride video + suspension testing in real conditions.

After different tests we decided to change a little bit our concept for more performance and far better look. Of course we made it from scratch and almost nothing was taken from first version besides arrangement of motor and batteries.

What we have now:
9ztleOY_SBMoSlbES38wwKl-Z4bS06XcT8Y3CzpyTD9rVhnJsn_boe7OCCMzf6cBoTbx4PmHLzopqn2dg=w1901-h1267-no.jpg

R3hVw4Gg3nXJtAixfB6OV1IeOg0oRYSpBeY1w8pDzyetMi1twR5SdseufLuLLthwIbkJoSh0a9mKlFzdg=w1901-h1267-no.jpg

Assembling 360 video:

Suspension test:

Now car is ready for hard tests in different conditions from tarmac to dirt, sand, gravel etc.

Holy Shmoly, is this being created by RC4WD?
If so, I'm already in line for one. That thing is amazing, the articulation is very similar to the real deal.

Holy Shmoly, is this being created by RC4WD?
If so, I'm already in line for one. That thing is amazing, the articulation is very similar to the real deal.
Hi,
First - actually we created it with our hands and CNC, we don't have any connections with RC4WD. All the details except motor, esc, batteries and tires were made from Aluminum and Caprolon in our garage.))
Second - We try do something that is more than typical RC, and this is not a final result.)

Hi,
First - actually we created it with our hands and CNC, we don't have any connections with RC4WD. All the details except motor, esc, batteries and tires were made from Aluminum and Caprolon in our garage.))
Second - We try do something that is more than typical RC, and this is not a final result.)

I am sorry, seeing the videos start off with "RC4WD Custom" I had just assumed you were affiliated with them as they have created some pretty insane products as well. Nothing nearly as detailed as yours though ;)

Are you planning on producing these?
How long have you been in R&D?
Where are you located?
I'm very interested. This is by far the best looking best performing suspension I've seen on a large scale, period.

Oh and by the way, welcome aboard :) This is a great forum with a bunch of great guys.

Nothing nearly as detailed as yours though
Thanks!)
Are you planning on producing these?
It`s only a matter of time.)
How long have you been in R&D?
If you mean how long does it take to achieve this result its better to show creation process:
1) Prototype with PVC
NqqMO4qgvoHHq2587A_D0x6HGNUZPblnEvlqli78KaFPQKGLfGi8wzvYyLcrbClZSgX3jtVBcY5UPcAjg=w1076-h1432-no.jpg
2) Produce one some of details with Caprolon
Q2wTCrRXgEIfc6VS5HgH9TVyhHfb7X9oesaezOYaQBqK6obApJxIjuH2tug8_X4BiVdwALQN2nsyefC7g=w1910-h1432-no.jpg
3) Perform tests and create first custom body
axu3ZF3Gon3wekaetqfH8FfvrR5CqJvxI89HR4wEBfEpffU6OUuEHM7z6CBHsCctxxuJWcpBdfttDLfPA=w1076-h1432-no.jpg

4)Few more tests, Assembling all the caprolon details
HHP4bXW0oMpXP8K8A-PIHJilwMNHdLu-_dXHjgZa9TAhSx84oHEfEWH6yIBu8bQ-RBNFY6bylx9xpU_w1A=w1280-h960-no.jpg
5) Moooore tests) We film couple hours of video with suspension testing on natural and experimental obstacles, motor and esc stress tests with drift, donuts, big/small wheels etc
6) Than full disassemble to pieces
n527qqyciRIyFWO2ZC0WZxfMewlvZwzi4PJB8VGsfeX_fttZ5N6MrBk4Lbl8zFc15j_ysca8oy6DiPh3g=w2048-h1363-no.jpg
7) Production first aluminum prototype
2MZNqOyZJZVAhZyodQ71Vk0ZnE5aBy7Dzm6UdegDLzUrofwJ9xO3U911nLNF4gh2EDvE9FHVg2swAwdWIww=w600-h352-no.jpg
8) Add a bit of design for final versions of arms etc
eMYt_OxHzq2Rt2Og0zobmOVlLx-2ahM6rdDq9U5Lsypb0_ULXQsrDBelkciLuUISfrpjurJKMuXWki6wg=w2048-h1297-no.jpg
9) Final check that everything fit properly
QbeK0Ubr7gqIAJBYcTqlkJRjciHm1Pz--i4UA31UpYZPvyTzOzJMC12HFSEd-4xvsn4Q_78j9NXSWw7xYg=w1339-h724-no.jpg
10) Full assemble and testing again and again on sand, mud, dirt, tarmac, gravel, city obstacles etc

So a can assume we never stop on R&D and we never stop on inventing and implementing something new in our projects.)

We are located in Moscow, Russia.

Truly impressed with your work and dedication. It certainly shows in the end (or close to) result.

I absolutely love the videos in slo-mo. The suspension in action is just amazing.

Moscow, that is awesome. Love the international brotherhood of RC. Cant be beat.

It looks stunning in its basic shape. I don't care for the wheel screens or what they are called in english. But the body and truck itself with exposed suspension looks stunning.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks