Custom ZONDA Zoom Zoom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twissted

ZondaCat012.jpg

So this is how I got the boat. It had the motors and stingers and props. So it is a ARTR and is the fastest that you can buy out of the box. It does have so Issues that I changed as the boat got used. So things got changed as soon As I got it because of some of the reviews that the boat had. http://kintecracing.com/Zonda_Cat.html has the flex cable that is needed to really run this boat. There stronger and simple work on (lube). I also sanded and painted it before it hit the water.
Zondaboat008_zpse5aee016.jpgZondaboat002_zpse54792cc.jpg

I went with the Hobbyking 180 esc's because of the power that I wanted to run at (6s). This was a problem because the battery size wouldn't fit the stock location. So looking at that I moved them over the stuffing tubes. This worked great because I was able to beef up the drive tubes and lower the center of gravity. I was able to tune the hull easy this was as well.
img_4007_zps98a7b012.jpgzondacat010_zps4e2eba21.jpg

I was having problems with the hull flexing and causing the servo and esc mount to come loose. I also was seeing cracks and water seeping in on the rudder mount. I took the rudder off and saw the damage that the cheap rudder had caused. I made a carbon saddle made of 2 mm and on the sides 4 mm to lock the rudder in case of a crash. It looks awesome and works great. The new push/pull rudder is much better build and larger in size also. In order to make this rudder work I had to change the servo mount to a upright to get the push/pull that was needed. I went with a carbon mount for the weight savings and the look. I added a cross brace to take out the flex of the hull that caused the mount to flex. I also added a cross brace to the motor mounts and added a carbon bulkhead to handle the high speeds that are planed for this boat.zondacat005_zps716f16bb.jpg041_zpsa0037dc2.jpgZondaCat010.jpg

I just bought some new motors that make this boat into a rocket. It was alrady a fast boat doing better that 64 mph. with the new TP4050 2220kv and new larger props I'm hoping for 100 mph or better!
tp_power_brushless_motors_medium_zpscaab2929.jpg

Here is the boat running on 6s and the sss3674 2075kv motors so you can compare it to the new motors when they get installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alot of the way it runs (speed) is the lipos that I use. the best ones that I run are the Nano tech 65c-130c 5000. they really put out the power.19154.jpg

Alot of the way it runs (speed) is the lipos that I use. the best ones that I run are the Nano tech 65c-130c 5000. they really put out the power.19154.jpg

I was running the 30/60c 6S bricks til' I started getting occasional cell failure after 20 cycles. Consequently, I now have a couple 4S and 5S converted bricks and will not be going back to them. I fared even worse with the turnigy nanotech 45/90C 2S packs that I used for racing 1/10 short course, all 4 had severe voltage sag after 20+ cycles. I gave them a fair shot and was impressed with power and runtime initially, but TeamSPC and gensacearespammers lipos have proven more durable for me over a season + worth of use, and they are also using the nanotech additives. They were all used with LVC set at 3.2V per cell and were cool to the touch before re-balancing, so they weren't mistreated at all. The hobbyking tech said the new "a" spec nano's were the only way to go in his judgement, as the standard nanotechs don't exceed their test standards the way the a spec do....He suspected my applications required the higher performing cells, I replied that their c rating is truer on other products of theirs that I had used: Zippy, polyquest, rhino, etc. The nano's I have sampled exhibit some marketing hype, they may have well improved since then, but I won't be a paying customer again. I figure I lost a couple hundred dollars in damaged cells, but I did gain skill in soldering abilities...:lol: Glad you like yours, keep an eye on them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks