Customcvp Protectors for the DBXL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomCVP.com

Gents, we've got the protectors worked out for the DBXL, Stock and Extended, they will include the mounting hardware, and it's going to take some extra work to install, the pin setup that comes stock at the rear carrier is changed out to a bolt, the 5ive carrier bolt is perfect but buying the set to get the 2 rears isn't practical but I'll look into it because I can cut and thread the extra pins but ordering a batch of 5M bolts with threads just at the end may be better. There is also a pivot ball that goes between the protector and the arm at the sway bar location, this is a 3m bolt on the DBXL where its a 4m on the 5ive. This keeps the protector on the same plane as the shaft, there is a left and right also due to the way the rear diff is placed. As for the extended version, I had put as set of craftwerks 5ive extenders on my rig, then DGI came out with a full 1 inch extender, I put them on yesterday and redesigned the profile of the protector and put them on with the stock wheels and put them to the test yesterday, no issues with the protector but let me tell you those extenders are awesome, the truck is so much more stable, I'm running the OBR reed case in mine and it's over powered for sure, I beat the snot out of it and I couldn't get it to roll over, wot turns, doughnuts, I couldn't believe it, the CW extenders helped but I could still roll it, a couple of time while making hot laps around my track she looked like she was getting light on the inside wheels and may have lifted a bit but never went over, total blast to bash on. Again stock tires still not taped up, I will put the Mickey Thompsons on today and try again to see if a harder tire makes a difference. This post was to let you know I have the protectors for the DBXL but really I wanted to rave about the DGI entenders. worth every penny and if you power it up I don't really see how you can bash it hard without them. Every one's opinion of bashing is different also but when i'm testing my stuff I beat my poop to death, with the warmer temps I was able to tune the mill more for preformance, I run fat in the real cold and it's just plain sick, I'll get some video for you soon. I need to do some more research on the hardware to give you a firm price, they will be in the mid 30's and will carry the same life time warranty. If your interested in a set pm me here for now. I'll do a give away soon also. I did put the Bartalone braces on, they are nice but I don't think they had anything to do with the lack of roll overs, that's all the extended wheel base.... Awesome I'm new to the DGI parts and so far I'm impressed, the push rods are sweet too. Over and out.
How about some HD video to check things out.

[ame]http://youtu.be/DjQqRDXgZj8[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/aVapUsp6984[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/A0cFJi6IiKo[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/Wwl5EUSS1b4[/ame]

Last edited:
Nice! Looking forward to a set of these. Very happy to hear your report on the one inch DGI extenders! I already have a set and I just got em installed late this afternoon so I'll be given them a run myself sometime later this week

Gents, we've got the protectors worked out for the DBXL, Stock and Extended, they will include the mounting hardware, and it's going to take some extra work to install, the pin setup that comes stock at the rear carrier is changed out to a bolt, the 5ive carrier bolt is perfect but buying the set to get the 2 rears isn't practical but I'll look into it because I can cut and thread the extra pins but ordering a batch of 5M bolts with threads just at the end may be better. There is also a pivot ball that goes between the protector and the arm at the sway bar location, this is a 3m bolt on the DBXL where its a 4m on the 5ive. This keeps the protector on the same plane as the shaft, there is a left and right also due to the way the rear diff is placed. As for the extended version, I had put as set of craftwerks 5ive extenders on my rig, then DGI came out with a full 1 inch extender, I put them on yesterday and redesigned the profile of the protector and put them on with the stock wheels and put them to the test yesterday, no issues with the protector but let me tell you those extenders are awesome, the truck is so much more stable, I'm running the OBR reed case in mine and it's over powered for sure, I beat the snot out of it and I couldn't get it to roll over, wot turns, doughnuts, I couldn't believe it, the CW extenders helped but I could still roll it, a couple of time while making hot laps around my track she looked like she was getting light on the inside wheels and may have lifted a bit but never went over, total blast to bash on. Again stock tires still not taped up, I will put the Mickey Thompsons on today and try again to see if a harder tire makes a difference. This post was to let you know I have the protectors for the DBXL but really I wanted to rave about the DGI entenders. worth every penny and if you power it up I don't really see how you can bash it hard without them. Every one's opinion of bashing is different also but when i'm testing my stuff I beat my poop to death, with the warmer temps I was able to tune the mill more for preformance, I run fat in the real cold and it's just plain sick, I'll get some video for you soon. I need to do some more research on the hardware to give you a firm price, they will be in the mid 30's and will carry the same life time warranty. If your interested in a set pm me here for now. I'll do a give away soon also. I did put the Bartalone braces on, they are nice but I don't think they had anything to do with the lack of roll overs, that's all the extended wheel base.... Awesome I'm new to the DGI parts and so far I'm impressed, the push rods are sweet too. Over and out.
How about some HD video to check things out.

http://youtu.be/DjQqRDXgZj8

http://youtu.be/aVapUsp6984

http://youtu.be/A0cFJi6IiKo

http://youtu.be/Wwl5EUSS1b4

New videos from today,, the templates for the extended Protectors are on the truck now, no rubs, max protection, I'll take them off and do layout on a sheet and see if they are going to cause a price difference from stock, if I can get the same number of parts from a sheet no change, but with the one Inch extention we get to add some serious beef so I doubt I'll get 3 sets to a sheet. This is one of the toughest rigs you can get stock as far as plastic goes, I do have the DGI Push Rods and bent one when it hits the goal post, that would have exploded a stock rod and took plastic with it. One thing about the stock tires, not being taped up, they are very forgiving, if I would have done this poop with the Micky Thompson's I would have broke something, the track is dried out nice and full of grip so the pizza cutting was down today. she got some big air but my jump needs work and I was coming off bad as the jump moved, but man did I have some poopy landings that should have broke something, you'll see.... One bad ass truck, once again I'll brag on that Turtle filter system, 3 tanks back to back, never had to touch the filter, everything else was covered with mud and dirt, and I got to tune for preformance today, it was in the 60's, you'll see holy poop. One bad to report the Jet Pro pipe is a POS, the end is out so nothing has changed over there. Should have waited and got the Bart, may still, but I'll be welding it next time out, made a big frigging mess of everything, black poop all over the side of my alloy mill, the plate is covered and the rivots are gone Fn bullcrap, have some pride are two more rivot's going to break the bank, he only puts 2 in it, disgrace to the sport. The Bart Braces are very stout, not just bling, the rear has a full bolt that ties the rear all together, they are worth it. IMHO But not before wheel extenders, DGI 1 inch. Fun factor through the roof.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks