Customs import fee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I contacted the seller and they are sending the items back to themselves. I lost the $47 shipping but didn't have to pay another shipping fee as I called DHL and told them I want to reject the shipment.

So yeah, I'll stick to truster sellers like ddm, Detroit and Taylor.

I mean come on $402 for fees?? Any chance they get they will try to squeeze you dry.

You think that $400 hurts. Imagine being Doug in Australia! They get hammered there.

I don't fully understand the point behind these fees anyways...
It's not just there, everywhere has import fees of some sort, we're just used to seeing them in the final cost of an item, not directly dealing with them. By not dealing with them we don't fully understand how to work the system in our favor. The shipper also plays a big part as well as customs in determining value and product class.

It's not just there, everywhere has import fees of some sort, we're just used to seeing them in the final cost of an item, not directly dealing with them. By not dealing with them we don't fully understand how to work the system in our favor. The shipper also plays a big part as well as customs in determining value and product class.

No I mean I don't fully get the reason for any customs fees. From what I understand they are to limit commerce between countries. I just never understood why.
Crazy. I order lots of stuff from Taylor in uk. Never paid more than $60 cad. That’s where My vesla came from. Plus all 4 of my Taylor engines.

Well let's try not to blow up his spot. Keep mentioning it and you might get hit big one day :oops:

Crazy. I order lots of stuff from Taylor in uk. Never paid more than $60 cad. That’s where My vesla came from. Plus all 4 of my Taylor engines.
He likely lies on the customs form. Not knocking him, it's pretty common practice.
No I mean I don't fully get the reason for any customs fees. From what I understand they are to limit commerce between countries. I just never understood why.

Well let's try not to blow up his spot. Keep mentioning it and you might get hit big one day :oops:
I agree, there's no point other then a greedy government.

i recently (a cpl of months ago) bought my DBXL 2.0 from hobbythek (Germany) they invoice me the price MINUS the tax, which i then had to pay when the item arrived in UK. Which i knew i would have to as hobbythek did inform me prior to purchase. it was listed on there website for around 1,500 Euro but i also added a few more bits so total order was around 1800 euro, hobbythek then raised the invoice minus the tax (20%) & thats what i paid hobbythek, and then i had to pay around £3-350 to customs in UK when i went to collect.

What annoyed me though, is it taken 2 days to get from Germany to the UK, then once in uk, it taken over 5 weeks to finally be able to go and collect it as it was being held in customs. The UK is a joke in terms of imports/exports, there fast enough to tax it all, but there process is a complete joke!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks