cy not sure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sickboy

hi all ive got a cy so thats what ive bean told but i thought they had c y on them some where but the one ive got their is circle and in the circle is a sort wavy H can some one tell me if this is a cy or not thanks

no sorry i have not ive just put it back together but ive been told its from china and it is 4 bolt motor any one els with ideas

I believe that I looked all over (without removing) the engine in my Baja trying to find the mfg. I found nothing, guess I should look again. ANyway, I read somewhere that the Baja uses a CY230. Is this true? Where would I look exactly, to see the CY?

thanx

I believe that I looked all over (without removing) the engine in my Baja trying to find the mfg. I found nothing, guess I should look again. ANyway, I read somewhere that the Baja uses a CY230. Is this true? Where would I look exactly, to see the CY?

thanx

Remove your body ...if you have genuine hpi Baja theres a cy serial ## on your pull start side middle front of your engine....just a little below your carb on the right

Lj23815.jpg

look at your front arms are they dull left side photo or shinney right side photo??

Cz80081.jpg

If you got shinney arms you have a clone......... dull arms hpi product

If you don't see the CY sticker and you got shinney arms you have a clone baja

Last edited:
look under the head shroud just behind teh clutch. the motor cylinder just above where it bolts onto the cases will say Chung Yang there or have a couple of numbers like 28-36 (GP290 at 28.5cc) or 28 - 32 (cy23rc at 23cc) or 30 - 35 (cy29rc at 29 cc)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks