Dark soul BEAST engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carmst74

Hi all

I have recently aquired a dark soul beast engine. It's brand new, never seen fuel.

But I'm wondering what are they like. Im not planning on running it yet as it may have to go.

What are these engines worth?

I've dredged the web for specs and come to the conclusion that it had 7hp, diamond cut head, bullet case and has bags of torque. Other than that I am stumped.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

They have been around for a while from about 2008. It uses a boat motor water cooled cylinder with a air cold head many by Darksoul. All so he made billet cases but I do not think he makes them any more. Not sure why but this set up did not go over very well. Might be do to the fact he was using a water cooled boat cylinder and from what little I know boat porting and timing is totally different from what most run on land vehicles.
beastmotor.gif

Decided to strip it down and have a look inside. We all know what the inside of an engine looks like but I was bored lol.

How much would it be worth?

Look at the new price and knock off about 30 - 40% because even though it's unused, it has been stripped so it would be considered 2nd hand.

How much would it be worth?

How ever much someone is will got give for it.LOL Being they where not real popular hard to say. If it has not been run I agree with Mike. If it has been run then even less. If I was you I would run it just to see how it runs. If you do not like it keep the cases you can use with other motors and sell the top end. May I ask what you paid for it?

You can defiantly get motors with more HP for less money. But they do look really sweet.

CC racing use to build them but I do not think they mess with them any more.
This is from a 2008 listing when they first came out.
Budget Basher: A great engine for the budget minded basher that needs more horsepower then the factory engine can supply. This engine is based around the CY marine cylinder that has shown to make great power right out of the box.

DS/CC Billet Crankcase
CY Full circle Crank
Fast Eddie Ceramic Crank Bearings
CY Ignition
CY 25.4 Marine cylinder
DS Head Shell Kit
CC Racing Copper Base gasket
NGK Plug
Walbro 668 Carb
CY Flywheel
CY Pullstart assembly
CC Racing Stainless bolt kit
4.5+hp and 18,000 + Rpm
Prepped and assembled by CC Racing Engines
Price - $525

Torque Monster: This engine is designed to give tire shredding torque and horsepower without sacrificing reliability. This engine is based around the Zenoah 4 bolt marine cylinder to assure quality.

DS/CC Billet Crankcase
CY Full circle 1mm Stroker Crank
CY Ignition
Zenoah Piston And Ring
Zenoah 4 bolt Marine cylinder
DS Head Shell Kit
NGK Plug
Walbro 668 Carb
CY Flywheel
CY Pullstart assembly
5+hp and 18,000 Rpm
Price - $575

The Beast: When you simply have to have the baddest engine around this is the engine for you. This is the Bad Boy of engines for your RC It includes all of the parts and modifications that has already starting setting world records in the 5th scale market with more to come. This one is also based around the 4-bolt Zenoah Marine cylinder. This one is ported and modified by CC Racing for all out performance.

DS/CC Billet Crankcase
CY Fullcircle Crank
CY Ignition
CC Racing Billet Isolator block
CC Racing Pro Modified Zenoah Piston
CC Racing Pro Modified Zenoah 25.4 Marine cylinder
DS Head Shell Kit
NGK Plug
Walbro Pro Modified wt771 Carb
CC Racing Choke assembly
DS lightened Flywheel
CY Pullstart assembly
6.5+hp and 20,000 + Rpm
Price - $925*

Last edited:
car74... it would be useful if you could fill in your location in your user cp :D

as for the beast engine is it this one my M8 just sold

1q015.jpg

could not see the point in taking a new engine to bits :w00t:maybe worth

half what you paid for it, if it was that one

K....

Yup trebor thats the one. don't think it would be worth half what i paid for it because i stripped it and rebuilt it though.

Only reason im asking is because it cost a LOT and im starting to have 2nd thoughts about if it was worth it. As said, theres engines with just as much power out there for less.

Pics will be uploaded as soon as i can find my card adapter :rolleyes:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks