darksoul with CY marine "sikk" cylinder kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonW

Has anybody tried the DarkSoul Cylinder Shell with the CY 25.4cc water cooled "sikk" piston and cylinder kit (4+ HP) already?

media.jpg

media.jpg

I like this set for mounting it on my Zenoah 26cc engine.
4+HP cylinder kit for only $55 and the Darksoul shell for $99.
So when you replace the piston cylinder kit you have no needed a lot of mony for a tuned cylinder.

So is there anybody here on this forum that have mount this set on a zenoah 2 bolt engine?

I know a lot of people use this set-up on the HPI forum and have been impressed with the results, the marine head has more aggressive porting than the stock ones.

Get an ADA kit if you want a billet head and marine cylinder, and yep read slaws thread as he's just been through 3 billet/marine heads, DS included. They are very prone to running hot and seizing even with piston relief at the ring area, you lose the fan shroud from the head so cooling is a problem...i wouldn't go near one personally though the ADA kit with it's massive fins doesn't seem to have same problem, slaw and clubin are both running them now.

To my knowladge the ADA kit is 4 bolt only...you will have to check it out
at DDM site....Type in ADA in the search box....
As far as billet heads go for 2 bolt set up ...is the 29cc...I could be wrong here on this..
you will have to check it all out....Slawhammer......

look at it like this, 150 for that setup, for stock power delivery. don't let anyone fool you, that marine setup isnt any more powerfull than a stock 26cc zen. that is just a fact.

OR you can spend 150 on the ESP 27.2 Zenoah full mod and esp champion ported topend and spend 35.00 more for a 2mm stroker, and have one hell of a power maker, with great RPMs even though its a stroker motor.

plus Zenoah quality.
your correct slaw, the ADA setup is only 4bolt.

Ok here goes my opinion on this...I have spent all most a 1000 bucks for doing some thing
different for a engine....Now all the billet stuff is a BLING factor...More money spent...
The sikk marine head & dark soul cooling head....has a cooling issue..& the head screws
keep coming loose..yes they have been radical ported cylinder...there are a hair better
for power over a stock cylinder.....The boat guys use these and can very well..cuz they
use a water pump and water jacket...Better cooling......It is my opinion that a stock
cylinder with a engine shroud for cooling is way better.....I could have had a esp 27.2 full modified engine ..2 times for all the money spent fooling My self..
Yes... we all want some thing faster ..more powerful....out do your buddy.....
Can you control your RC Unit?Or just go balls to the wall in a stright line?
Let's face it ..75% of the hobbiest are just out for fun..bashing as you would say...
The guys who race ..have engine limits set to size or class..now they have to use there
driving skills..cuz all the engine's are the same........................
So what I am trying to say is stay with a good stock engine....Or use a reliable engine builder's engine....Say...ESP...O'Neil Brother's..........Slawhammer

The ada kit is only for the 4 bolt case.

I have now modified the originel zenoah piston by myself.
This afternoon I'm go for a test.:2guns:

here the pictures.

IMG_7269.jpg

IMG_7270.jpg

Last edited:
I'm running a 28.5 and a 30.5 both ONB race ported, stuffed cranks, ada manifolds, 813's and modded 5b dominators in my rampage TT and MT both with 4 shoe laut clutches and i honestly don't need any more power now with these set ups...i got more than enough. Like slaw says you don't need exotic heads and stuff to get big power, just a decent port job in a stock type cylinder and a good pipe (i know you got an RN Ron so you can't get much better in that department).
i also found that all the power i had was wasted before until i got the laut clutches cos the stock clutch got real hot which meant the spring would get hot (ddm7500 and hpi8000) and more ductile engaging then way too early which bogged the car down. All my largescales and most i see on youtube start off bonzai but as soon as they warm up that off the line bog comes in to effect, of course i just thought need more power to cure the bog...now know you need to hook up at the right rpm where the engine is making power, so after all that said if you want more performance take a look at your clutch first.

My clutch is a Elcon clutch.
It pleases me very well.

Today I drive the car with teh modified piston.
The engine comes from half speed really quickly and make more top speed.
I have to adjust the carburetor for this setup.
Now just see how the engine hold.

Has anybody tried the DarkSoul Cylinder Shell with the CY 25.4cc water cooled "sikk" piston and cylinder kit (4+ HP) already?

media.jpg

media.jpg

I like this set for mounting it on my Zenoah 26cc engine.
4+HP cylinder kit for only $55 and the Darksoul shell for $99.
So when you replace the piston cylinder kit you have no needed a lot of mony for a tuned cylinder.

So is there anybody here on this forum that have mount this set on a zenoah 2 bolt engine?

wast of money, the ds head will jsut fall apart and the fins will come off with the normaly engine vibration, the engines don't hold tunes cause they run hot, it was worth it when the head where dirt cheap but not now.

nice you a engone for the shelf but not for use

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks