DBXL breaking front end parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan K.

Hey guys,

I've been bashing on grass for a past month or so and I've broken a few parts and I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that I'm running Proline Bow-tie Rear tires all around. I know the front Bowtie tires have a different tread pattern, but that's meant for a RWD Baja. I'm thinking the rear tread might be too aggressive to run on the front end of the buggy? They might be biting too hard or not meant for steering so it jerks the front end of the buggy around.

So I've broken the front right CVD pin that goes through the dog bone twice. Luckily I have lots of spare pins from different cars that I can just pop in. I've already stripped the stock plastic servo arm twice. I don't bash hard, almost never take it off jumps, usually ease off or let off throttle completely in corners. The grass I drive in is medium length, usually mowed since it's a big school field. Any ideas? I'm guessing the stock CVD and steering servo could use an upgrade at some point.

BTW, I'm also running a brushless converted DBXL. 8S, 780KV motor. That instant jerky power could also attribute to it I'm sure.

I've had my dbxl for a few years (29cc engine) and the only time i had a front end parts brake is when i hit something really hard. Maybe that instant torque is causing that damage in your buggy.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks