DBXL DDM Dominator Pipe fitment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan K.

My China/FID exhaust just took a crap. The Vibrations tore up the mounts and I just don't feel like fixing it. I just took advantage of DDM's sale price of the Dominator and finally ordered one up. I've read of some people having issues with it melting the cage, is this still an issue? I think the current one is a newer version or V2? Has that issue been addressed? Worst case scenario I'll put some exhaust wrap on it, but if it's not needed, I won't bother. It looks better without it. My 30.5cc CY motor really needs more low-mid range grunt. It takes too long to rev past the flat spot in the power curve and higher revvs really aren't that useful for bashing on the grass. I've read this exhaust really improved that low end.

It melted a small part of mine. Not much at all but did. I completely wrapped mine cuz getting burned sucks and I could care less how it looks. Got mine about a year ago if tjat tells you what version I have

I'm not sure. For a while they kept advertising them as "V2 Dominator pipes". I haven't seen that for a while now, so I'm not sure what the differences are between them. That sucks that it melts the cage though. That's one of the reasons why I bought that china pipe. It left lots of clearances for the cage. I've burned my hand several times from turning off the battery power switch, definitely not fun. It leaves a mark. I've never used exhaust wrap before, does it stick on with glue or just clamp the ends? I've seen something that looked like metal zip ties, but they're pretty expensive. Can I use a worm gear clamp?

Mine melted the cage a bit, I had it wrapped then when I rebuilt the dbxl that last time I tweaked the mounts and got it to sit down a bit lower. No more wrap. It's a v2 as well for whatever that's worth.

I just added the Titanium ones from DDM to my order. I still don't feel comfortable with the pipe touching the cage, wrap or no wrap. Thanks for the info guys. Compared to what Amazon wanted for 5 metal ties and exhaust wrap, DDM was a steal. Cheapest I found on Amazon for wrap was $20 then another $25 for 3 metal ties, what the hell? DDM was $15 for all including shipping.

I just added the Titanium ones from DDM to my order. I still don't feel comfortable with the pipe touching the cage, wrap or no wrap. Thanks for the info guys. Compared to what Amazon wanted for 5 metal ties and exhaust wrap, DDM was a steal. Cheapest I found on Amazon for wrap was $20 then another $25 for 3 metal ties, what the hell? DDM was $15 for all including shipping.
That Amazon price is insane. NAPA is my go to for such things. Not sure if you have those around you. I think I paid under $20 for a 50' roll but didn't use the zip strips, just pipe clamps. You wont melt if you wrap it, atleast mine doesn't anymore.

You can get it for 25-40 it just depends on what they have in stock. Everything in store is 40-80$ currently

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200610-103334.png
    Screenshot_20200610-103334.png
    269.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20200610-103318.png
    Screenshot_20200610-103318.png
    260.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20200610-103309.png
    Screenshot_20200610-103309.png
    246.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20200610-103303.png
    Screenshot_20200610-103303.png
    263.2 KB · Views: 3
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks