DBXL-E High speed gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modojojo

Hi all, just got my DBXL-E and have some upgrades coming in the mail. I'm looking for high speed gearing options. I know the company DGI makes gears for the DBXL, are they compatible with the E? Are there any other companies that may make gears that fit the E

Hi all, just got my DBXL-E and have some upgrades coming in the mail. I'm looking for high speed gearing options. I know the company DGI makes gears for the DBXL, are they compatible with the E? Are there any other companies that may make gears that fit the E
DGI is for the gas version won't fit the Brushless motor.
RC Monster make the strongest gears for the Brushless 8mm shaft 1.5mod pitch

Just changed the pinion on motor will be easiest option, ok if you want to do some speed runs but remember you will kill your run times !
There pretty quick out of box so may be happy as it is :)

Just like Timbo said they are quick and pretty nuts out of the box there is really no need to change pinions. Also along with less run times you have that chance of over heating your motor and esc.
The batteries that my freind runs in his are out of stock at the moment. SMC 4s 8000mah 90c constant
I run SMC 4s 9200mah 90c constant in my 5T but these don't fit in the DBXLE.

I just wanna make sure I blow my friends 5B out of the water, I already ordered a mgm esc with a Lehner 3060/8 and 12s ( 2 turnigy 5000mah 6S batteries. I found that Kershaw makes 8mm mod 1.5 pinions from 9T up to 22T then they have a 26T. I may experiment.

Blimey what motor is your mate running in 5B ? the std 'e' car would beat a std 5B petrol anyway ! you will make it crazy quick but your run times will suffer for it, on 12s nothing should be anywhere near it ;) mind you don't blow tyres off the rims ! keep us posted

I just wanna make sure I blow my friends 5B out of the water, I already ordered a mgm esc with a Lehner 3060/8 and 12s ( 2 turnigy 5000mah 6S batteries. I found that Kershaw makes 8mm mod 1.5 pinions from 9T up to 22T then they have a 26T. I may experiment.
Go to RC Monster they have the best pinions on the market ask me how I know

Don't order a pinion until you have run in on 12s ! top speed will be crazy anyway, with brushless the higher the voltage the higher the RPM

RPM is volts x kv rating on motor. 8s = 33volts x 700kv motor ( example ) = 23100 rpm / 12s = 50volts x 700kv motor = 35280 rpm

Thats massive rpm increase, what kv is std motor against new one ?

Yeah I'm going try out the stock pinion first. The Lehner 3060/8 winds = 875kv the motor and mgm 25063-3 x series Esc can handle up to 15S

Esc specs are
Max RPMs
Max. peak current (peak 5 sec.)
360 [ A ]
Max. continuous current (for full throttle)
250 [ A ]
Number of Li-Pol, Li-Ion feeding cells
4 - 15

Here's a Video of the same motor speed controller combo I ordered he's using 14S instead of 12s:
This car has a Lehner 3060/8 motor and an MGM Compro controller, with two 7S MaxAmps batteries. Max full throttle power is 14.7 kW (20 hp) with max peak power at 21 kW (29 hp). Good to see the car Is sturdy.

Just like Timbo said they are quick and pretty nuts out of the box there is really no need to change pinions. Also along with less run times you have that chance of over heating your motor and esc.
The batteries that my freind runs in his are out of stock at the moment. SMC 4s 8000mah 90c constant
I run SMC 4s 9200mah 90c constant in my 5T but these don't fit in the DBXLE.

it fits! or make it fit, lol

I love my long playtime on these cars..

A 5T is a heavy car so that is impressive ! nice to see brushless getting the longer run times now, we just need the new tech Lithium metal batteries to be released and we will see double the capacity :)

A 5T is a heavy car so that is impressive ! nice to see brushless getting the longer run times now, we just need the new tech Lithium metal batteries to be released and we will see double the capacity :)
Yeah I find myself running the Brushless 5T more than my gasser. Especially when it’s late and I want to keep the noise down plus the lights on the Brushless one make it fun to drive at night.
I’m in the process of building a 5T plow truck with all the parts I swapped out on the KM X2 with LOSI Parts so the plow truck will be 95% KM parts but it should last cause it won’t be getting the crap bashed out of it.
I’m almost done with the plow setup I just have to figure out a body for it and get the motor and esc. I’ll be running a 580kv and a Max5 ESC On 6s SMC Batteries cause I don’t need speed just torque , a 62T spur and 9 or 12T pinion.

Max5 is a good ESC I run them in my FG conversion and my Baja flux, also ran it on 8s in my 5iveT but was just to heavy for electric hence doing the FG conversion. 6s in heavy truck will pull some amps and load the ESC more than using 8s so keep an eye on temps. Photos when you get chance :)

Max5 is a good ESC I run them in my FG conversion and my Baja flux, also ran it on 8s in my 5iveT but was just to heavy for electric hence doing the FG conversion. 6s in heavy truck will pull some amps and load the ESC more than using 8s so keep an eye on temps. Photos when you get chance :)
I'm running the max5 in my brushless 5T with 8s with no problems with temps. I believe it has to do the quality batteries im running.
I might go 8s just a lower mah battery I don't need the 9200mah in the plow truck. I might run the SMC 6700mah 8s in it. I will post pics and video when its all done

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks