dbxl-e v1 The Braapless Beast Rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-Man

Its winter here in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania so I decided to freshen up my dbxl-e. It's due. Anyways I wanted a better way to mount the motor up and came up with this. The main mount is FID the rear clamp mount I ordered from Germany. I slotted the chassis for different pinion options. Then made a fan mount for the signal 10 fans. Just about ready to go.20200101_224842.jpg20191229_193617.jpg20191229_165510.jpg20200101_224920.jpg

i almost asked what esc u had in there?.
then realised it was the motor i was looking at??....like the c.f on the chassis?
Thanks. I don't think the CF wrap will hold up. The product is junk.. Oh well. The esc I use is just a max5 with a 2020 800kv Castle

Oh well. If it lasts 10 minutes to look nice for that time it was worth the 8 dollars I spent on the roll

the db e has the perfect center drivetrain set up of any rc 1/5 imo?...perfect straight line?
Totally agree. I never understood why if the time is taken to convert a gasser brushless. Why would they mount the motor offset still. Fear of drilling new holes in the chassis and fetching down the correct length center shafts I'd guess.

Got a little more work done. I got a fan assembly for the max5 esc from the fb group WFO. Good deal and fits well. Also made a tower to tower chassis brace for it. I used a 1/2 piece of 7075 aluminum round bar. I was gonna make two for it. But thought it would take away from the handling. Making the chassis too rigid. I want some twist. So I decided to go right down the center with it. If it bends. I make another. But I think it will help tremendously as well as look good. I found the drivers panel hits the bar. So I cut a slit down a piece of 3/8 tranny cooler hose and cut to length then slid the hose over the bar for protection. What you guys think?20200202_233725.jpg
20200208_151202.jpg
20200208_151018.jpg
20200203_195512.jpgThat is with the hose over top of the center brace.

How is the center tube brace mounted? and where to buy
The tower to tower brace is made from 7075 aluminum round bar. I cut to length then drilled each end and ran a tap down in the holes. I used Losi aluminum shock towers. I drilled a hole through each shock tower and put a screw through the tower into the round bar on each end. Got the round bar off ebay

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks