Dbxl exhaust question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ides28

Hi i'm looking into an exhaust for my dbxl. i was told 5ive t and 5ive b exhausts will fit, is this true? and any chance anyone have a silenced dbxl pipe for $100 or so? Thanks.

Last edited:
there's actually quite a few, bartolone, vrc, the losi pipe, us ebay pipes, others. they're all either loud or more than $200. 5ive exhausts are actually way more common, i was hoping to be able to use one of them.
Unfortunately there isnt a huge market for the dbxl, so what's out there is pretty much what's out there, and they have priced them accordingly. I can tell you my 5ive t exhaust would have never cleared the cage of the dbxl. And I also doubt the pipe that sits on top the engine would have enough room either. I'm not thinking a 5uve b pipe would be any better. You need to remember they are completely different platforms. Both the 5ive t and b are much bigger then a dbxl, and the exhaust is a good bit shorter to compensate for that. Getting a silenced pipe, or adding on a silencer is always an option. Ddm has a few blems from time to time that can be hard around $100.00 the dom was much quieter then the vrc I run now.

wow really the dominator was quieter than the vrc pipe? is the vrc silenced? how much louder is the dominator pipe than the stock black can?
does the rubber pipe on the dominator fall off?

Last edited:
I have the dominator dbxl pipe on my mtxl and love it. It sounds great and has good power. Has a nice crisp sound to it unlike the endbleeds that have a hollow annoying sound. Its a quality made pipe as well.

I'll reiterate what mic said. Decent power output, not extremely loud. No it wasnt silenced. I don't run silenced pipes. There was a big improvement over the can performance wise, but the vrc is a much better performing pipe. I never had issues with the tubing coming off or leaking on it. It was a very tight fit, to get over the larger section of pipe. For their price I think they do well. I always wanted a different pipe, but could never justify the cost.
the dominator is a sidebleed. Its not silenced or quiet by any means.

twice as loud and sounds great like a motocross bike.
Foreword video to 30:40 to hear it
Yeah that's about how mine sounded, though I thought mine was a bit more tingy of you will. May just have been engine difference. The vrc is about twice that loud.

yeah i know about those ones. they actually make a silenced version of it and i asked the guy who sells them and he said they're still loud, about 50% more than stock :( that's exactly what i'm looking for though, thanks.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks