DBXL RX Battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHillary

Hi all new here.....I have the stock 1700 mah 6v battery that came with the car...however I have noticed I am only getting about 15-20mins on one charge...I mean I charged the car about 6x before the break-in period was over??? what gives? anyway I was thinking....until I can get me a lipo substitute why not modify one of my old 6" long 5000mah 7.4 battery packs with a futaba connector and strap or double side tape it to the chassis in the back of the car enough room there to put it....then I could run twice or 3x's as long with this type of battery pack until I finally get a lipo??? does anyone see a problem with this?

Attachments

• Nicd Battery.JPG
    Nicd Battery.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Male to Male.JPG
    Male to Male.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 0
Well to answer my own post....I did exactly that spliced in a male to male connector to the battery and basically taped it to the chassis and boy I can say big improvement...so you don't have to go buy a lipo if you have one of these laying around from your 1/10th days...it will work with a little modification next I will get some 3m double sided tape to put in the chassis a little more permanent and just charge it in the car but I was able to get a good 30min and probably more but it got dark and I need to make a light bar for it so I can play at night.

Hi all new here.....I have the stock 1700 mah 6v battery that came with the car...however I have noticed I am only getting about 15-20mins on one charge...I mean I charged the car about 6x before the break-in period was over??? what gives? anyway I was thinking....until I can get me a lipo substitute why not modify one of my old 6" long 5000mah 7.4 battery packs with a futaba connector and strap or double side tape it to the chassis in the back of the car enough room there to put it....then I could run twice or 3x's as long with this type of battery pack until I finally get a lipo??? does anyone see a problem with this?
Sounds like your stock battery may be faulty.
I get 3 or 4 tanks out of a 6v 2500 battery

Yeah it’s either that or the steering servo horizon is sending me another battery hopefully it’s that and not the servo
Yeah it’s either that or the steering servo horizon is sending me another battery hopefully it’s that and not the servo
But I really like the 7.2 volts it gives out makes the response get a little more snappy seemed like the car woke up a little

Haven't ran the 6volt pack for years but is best I can remember I got a few tanks before it would give out. I have the killer rc set up in now. That battery lasts all day and then some, but I'm not running lights either

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks