DBXL Steering wobble.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatalstd

So I just got a DBXL and the steering was shaking uncontrollable side to side. Noticed the org servo was making noises. Guess the servo went out. Replaced it with a Hitech 845 and replaced the steering with a push pull system. It's still shaking side to side.
Also when I pickup the front end and move side to side the wheel turn only when powered up without using controller.
And ideas on a solution for the wobble/shale?
And is this suppose to happen when you pickup your car?

You could also check what refresh rate you binded at. Make sure it's binded properly on the highest rate. I think it's 11ms for newer digital and 22ms for older analog servos. If it's still glitching try 16.5ms. Some brands of servo's are finicky with different rates. If that doesn't solve the issue, could also be a loose nut somewhere in the steering as some have suggested.

Also, what battery are you using to power your receiver? I'm anal about my electronics so I always run a BEC inline to make sure my voltage is clean. I run 6.0V to all my receivers.

You could also check what refresh rate you binded at. Make sure it's binded properly on the highest rate. I think it's 11ms for newer digital and 22ms for older analog servos. If it's still glitching try 16.5ms. Some brands of servo's are finicky with different rates. If that doesn't solve the issue, could also be a loose nut somewhere in the steering as some have suggested.

Also, what battery are you using to power your receiver? I'm anal about my electronics so I always run a BEC inline to make sure my voltage is clean. I run 6.0V to all my receivers.
?I had a similar issue with my throttle servo a while back, I went from a 6.0v to a 7.4v and the servo was getting too much juice. Thought I had a bad tune til I saw it just twitching away. Higher rated servo and problem solved. And if you rebind, reset your settings to default beforehand.

I don't know about the dbxl but if you have a spektrum receiver the moving side to side is the avc activating when you pick the buggy of the floor with the power turned on and you tilt the car the wheels move that's avc

?I had a similar issue with my throttle servo a while back, I went from a 6.0v to a 7.4v and the servo was getting too much juice. Thought I had a bad tune til I saw it just twitching away. Higher rated servo and problem solved. And if you rebind, reset your settings to default beforehand.

LOL...I had 3 standard throttle servo's fry!

I don't know about the dbxl but if you have a spektrum receiver the moving side to side is the avc activating when you pick the buggy of the floor with the power turned on and you tilt the car the wheels move that's avc
Oh ok. I thought that and checked on the reciever its inhibited. Will check again tomorrow tho.

I believe I'm set on 22ms. Was told this is what needed for quicker response in steering. I'm running 7.4v. I can go buy a 6v and check this tomorrow night. Thxs.

I believe I'm set on 22ms. Was told this is what needed for quicker response in steering. I'm running 7.4v. I can go buy a 6v and check this tomorrow night. Thxs.

So the AVC even tho inhibited was still working. Making the truck uncontrollable driving. Once I was able to shut it down it worked just fine. But now I cant use my shutoff. So it uncontrollable truck with shutoff or controllable truck without shutoff...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks