DBXL transmission

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatalstd

I'm looking into a 2speed transmission. Has anyone done this that could tell me if any changes need to be made?
Can reverse be installed with this fid system?

2 speeds r pointless in a off roader basher imo....?....better off buying a decent engine or upgrades ?
1.there all made in far east so shite quality?
2.there will b no parts back up when ur 2 speed explodes so it'll b bin time then☹
3.more speed=more damage☹
Good point thanks for that.

?There's a reason u don't see hardly any 2/3 speeds about as they jus don't last....?..now....if ur building a onroad speed machine then yeah it may b worth it?
Any pointers as for an engine to use.

Ahh...zenoha g32 imo?....cheap'ish n cheerful ?...very good engines actually ?...or if u have the budget....what is ur budget ?.... u could go all out on a tuned one...obr.34v2?...but then u will have to do sum drive train upgrades to cope with the extra power?...as in the flm cvd shfts ect and alloy diff cases/holders/towers ?

I guess I just wanted the best of both worlds haha!

I'm interested in the rcmax 40 or 46cc.
Ordered FID diffs. Going to use 100k front rear. Monster locker mid. FLM center shafts. Debating the extended arms. Curious about if they really offer more control or more hassle...
?There's a reason u don't see hardly any 2/3 speeds about as they jus don't last....?..now....if ur building a onroad speed machine then yeah it may b worth it?
I want the car to haul ass and go to the track ever so often to bash.

Last edited:
Will do. Car is completely torn down atm. But I'll take pics and vids as parts come in. I might still do it idk. Your point on the subject makes me second guess doing it.

my 2 pence worth

Steering ali hot racing upgrade when plastic snaps.

Do not fit a centre diff locker it will just rip drive shafts and gearboxes apart.

Centre diff ali upgrade and 100k silicon in diff, only needed when plastic melts

Drive shafts FLM, don't forget they are different lengths and need setting up as such.

Rear short drive shaft ali holder and larger bearings when plastic melts

Clutch bell holder ali upgrade when plastic melts

Front and rear gearbox ali upgrade with 50k silicon oil in diff when plastic melts

Shocks fit DDM HD upgrade springs and 6 or 7k silicon oil or upgrade to losi 5T fronts all round

Engine Zenoah G320 with correct clutch housing is really about the largest this platform can handle, you need a losi 5T or a hybrid for anything larger or more powerfull

Plenty spare drive pins as they wear, I change the whole lot once a year.

ends up like this eventually

DSC02104 by david alexander, on Flickr

Any more questions just ask

Cheers
Dave :)

my 2 pence worth

Steering ali hot racing upgrade when plastic snaps.

Do not fit a centre diff locker it will just rip drive shafts and gearboxes apart.

Centre diff ali upgrade and 100k silicon in diff, only needed when plastic melts

Drive shafts FLM, don't forget they are different lengths and need setting up as such.

Rear short drive shaft ali holder and larger bearings when plastic melts

Clutch bell holder ali upgrade when plastic melts

Front and rear gearbox ali upgrade with 50k silicon oil in diff when plastic melts

Shocks fit DDM HD upgrade springs and 6 or 7k silicon oil or upgrade to losi 5T fronts all round

Engine Zenoah G320 with correct clutch housing is really about the largest this platform can handle, you need a losi 5T or a hybrid for anything larger or more powerfull

Plenty spare drive pins as they wear, I change the whole lot once a year.

ends up like this eventually

DSC02104 by david alexander, on Flickr

Any more questions just ask

Cheers
Love your DBXL, that body is amazing. Whats the extra plate on the back of the chassis? The piece under the pipe. Is it just to stiffen it up? How does the car handle with all the extra weight? Was thinking of stiffening my chasis too but only have 23cc in it for now so weight is a concern.

The plate was fitted by the original owner to prevent the chassis bending and rear drive shaft coming out, which has never happened to me and she gets ragged real hard when out.

No concerns with weight/speed as the G320 has torque to spare, she keeps up with 5T, 5B and 30 degree north buggys no problem, she has axle extenders on, not sure what brand but they seem to help with any roll over, except when the mini spikes pick up massive traction.

Cheers

The plate was fitted by the original owner to prevent the chassis bending and rear drive shaft coming out, which has never happened to me and she gets ragged real hard when out.

No concerns with weight/speed as the G320 has torque to spare, she keeps up with 5T, 5B and 30 degree north buggys no problem, she has axle extenders on, not sure what brand but they seem to help with any roll over, except when the mini spikes pick up massive traction.

Cheers
Think im gonna try it myself. I have some strips of diamond plate I might run across the bottom, and working on diamond plate body panels. This is my humble rig, not quite as nice as yours.20191124_070246.jpg

I've had mine for years, same chassis as stock. I've never had chassis flex or bending issues. Did they cheapen up the chassis or are you guys beating them harder then me? I mean I beat the piss out of mine when it's out. And it's like 4 or 5 years since I bought it (got it used) Just did my 2nd full rebuild to it and the chassis was as straight as a pin. This last rebuild was when I stuck alloy chassis braces in it too. Theres a guy on here that swears his chassis flexes like crazy though. So idk.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks