DDM Dom V2 no leak coupling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sigfla

I installed my pipe recently and love it but realized today that I did not install the no leak coupling. I seem to have some residue leaking but otherwise everything runs great. Is the no leak coupling a must do install or am I good with a slightly leaky pipe? The manifold is tight so I have no issues there its just where the 2 pieces join on the V2. I know I prob just need to suck it up and fix it but I guess maybe I am looking for a push. I hate having to go back and fiddle with screws I locked down with lock tight already. I am so annoyed I didn't catch it when installing. DDM should have some better instructions or videos out there that deal with the no leak coupler. Everything is either too old or deals with V1.

I installed my pipe recently and love it but realized today that I did not install the no leak coupling. I seem to have some residue leaking but otherwise everything runs great. Is the no leak coupling a must do install or am I good with a slightly leaky pipe? The manifold is tight so I have no issues there its just where the 2 pieces join on the V2. I know I prob just need to suck it up and fix it but I guess maybe I am looking for a push. I hate having to go back and fiddle with screws I locked down with lock tight already. I am so annoyed I didn't catch it when installing. DDM should have some better instructions or videos out there that deal with the no leak coupler. Everything is either too old or deals with V1.

If it were me ,I would install it ,not so much of that nasty stuff getting all over ,but eventually it may vibrate an start to leak more ,
the seal helps as a buffer between the two metals!... :cool:

I just did it. I was being a little female dog about it but I broke down and pulled it all apart and installed it.
The female dog of it all is I found my carb gasket under the truck while I was working on it. I had removed the carb to clear a flood earlier today and it must have slipped off. Wrenching on this Baja is always a pain

Last edited:
I just did it. I was being a little female dog about it but I broke down and pulled it all apart and installed it.
The female dog of it all is I found my carb gasket under the truck while I was working on it. I had removed the carb to clear a flood earlier today and it must have slipped off. Wrenching on this Baja is always a pain

I hate that ,or a screw or washer falls down in between the chassy & engine!....:banghead:

I hate that ,or a screw or washer falls down in between the chassy & engine!....:banghead:
Yep where they always seem to fall. I have picked up and shook my 5SC more times than I can count. The Losi Five 1.0 which I still haven’t fired up after 10 years has such better access and layout. I need to just suck it up and finally run the Losi.

Mine has always spewed goo even with the coupler. Even if I make it so tight the clamp cuts into the hose. The entire exhaust side of my engine is coved in nasty goo.?‍♂️ they're just not well made pipes imo. Better than the losi pipe aesthetically, but functionally I find it to be a real turd??

I wonder bc I noticed the pipe side of the coupler was super tight. It was a real female dog slipping it over that part of the pipe. I made sure to tighten the clamp around the motor part only which is the loose side. I wonder if 2 clamps would help? I find it hard to see anything leaking much on the tighter side but I can see where if you don't fully clamp the smaller end it would leak.
I'll say this too. The biggest female dog of the whole thing was getting a good lock on the bolts with my bit with that blue coupler in the way. I found placing the bolts all the way in and then assembling the gaskets and X-port was easiest way to get it all together. Once you do that you can use a long driver with an extension to reach the bolt. A few tighter turns with a short arm of an allen wrench cinched it all down real tight.

Last edited:
Ran a tank today with the old carb gasket. My new ones arrived a second ago in the mail. I will run it one more time and WD40 the carb and see if it really needs the new one. I am getting lazy about wrenching thing again, lol! I'l prob get antsy tonight and swap it anyway.....

The pipe is super loud and the new coupling does not leak so far. When i ran before the differential case was covered in black oily gunk. Its clean as a whistle now after running pretty rich. I need to angle my pipe end down a bit more as its blowing hot exhaust right on the mud flap connection. Hopefully angling it down doesn't cause any issues with the flaps. Being so close I was afraid it would degrade if not melt them.

Ran a tank today with the old carb gasket. My new ones arrived a second ago in the mail. I will run it one more time and WD40 the carb and see if it really needs the new one. I am getting lazy about wrenching thing again, lol! I'l prob get antsy tonight and swap it anyway.....

The pipe is super loud and the new coupling does not leak so far. When i ran before the differential case was covered in black oily gunk. Its clean as a whistle now after running pretty rich. I need to angle my pipe end down a bit more as its blowing hot exhaust right on the mud flap connection. Hopefully angling it down doesn't cause any issues with the flaps. Being so close I was afraid it would degrade if not melt them.

I would think that if you needed the gasket ,your engine would be running rough an wouldnt hold a tune ,if it is running
good now ,may not need to now ,save it for later when needed!...:cool:

I would think that if you needed the gasket ,your engine would be running rough an wouldnt hold a tune ,if it is running
good now ,may not need to now ,save it for later when needed!...:cool:
Knock on wood I have had decent luck so far with this engine. After sitting for many years unused it fired right up now problem. Any issues I have had were primarily self induced. I can get frustrated when stupid things happen like forgetting to install a coupler or losing a gasket but eventually my OCD keeps me up at night until I go to the garage and fix. Other than the lack of HPI parts like new axle boots this truck has been pretty rugged for me. Then again I am running 26cc's and I am not beating the crap out of it either. If I was doing it over I would have bought 2 Losi's but thats pure hindsight knowing now that parts are tough to get and the Losi is just much easier to work on.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks