Deciding on radio gear!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcmadman1020

Hey guys

I am in the process of building a mental Baja ss buggy. I have spent around $3000 including the buggy itself. I run my other models off my faithful DX3S but want to maybe switch to the dark side. I was looking at a Futaba 7PX radio system... I would like to know for my Baja SS is that overkill?? Any recommendations would be great ?

Thanks guys!

@Rcmadman1020 a 7 channel radio might be a tad bit overkill for just the HPI Baja SS. But really only you know the answer to that question - do you really need 7 channels?

Otherwise I would probably go with the Futaba 4PLS or 4PX. I have a 4PL myself and love it - highly recommend Futaba!

Yeah nice man, thanks for the advice. I will admit I was admiring the Futaba 4PX, I think that one might be more useful. Cheers

I agree with everyone else. The Futaba is the radio to buy, I run the 4PLS myself. I also use a glitch buster capacitor also to reduce any noise in the system. It works very well. good luck Machine head

I swear religiously by Ko Propo but their last model, while technically fantastic, went with a modular design that is just fiddlesticking awful. I would get an older model from them and save money and still have the best gear around.

Anything. I just really don't like the last one for the modular design. Not that its not good its just that the plastic starts to squeek because they modules rub against eachother after some use and it is one of those sounds that just drives me up against the wall. I myself have not moved away from their 10+ year old EX-10 Eurus with a 2.4Ghz module. If the car gets really far away from you there is a slight lag which will piss some people off but if you are within what would be considered a normal sized track its not an issue and owners refuse to give it up because it connects you with the car so damn well. It feels incredible. Everything after the Ex-10 does not have that lag issue, they were updated. Ko Propos products is build to last and is of quality and you get to bleed if you want in. Their recivers is a firstborn child plus a liver, a piece.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks