Did I do something wrong, please help my 1st hpi baja 5b build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrXD

Hello everyone, I have my first hpi baja 5b I just built the kit and am now working on getting the body pieces cut out and ready for paint and I am having trouble getting the nose piece to slide in and fit. Its really tight in this area and it just will not go through and I cant seem to find anything online or here where people had the same issue as I am having. In the pictures did I cut it out righb t? I followed the lines and it looks like what I see online and in the assembly book that came with the baja. If I force it, it is probably going to distort or possibly crack the lexan piece. The nose piece is hitting every brace piece and just no room to slide it in or over the mounting post. Thank You for any suggestions you may have.

Attachments

• 20230221_132120.jpg
    20230221_132120.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20230221_132151.jpg
    20230221_132151.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 20230221_132235.jpg
    20230221_132235.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 30
they were always a pain to fit mate,
on the old baja they had to be wiggled in, and/or just dremel a little more off so it fits easier (y) ,
the nose will fit, it just takes a little patience and finding the right way to get it in there,

gotta force it... never cracked on me
would it hurt to trim of the ears on this? I just tried and for the life of me I cannot get it to go keeps getting stopped due to the 2 ears and the angled part between the ears. lol I feel really stupid on something that should be so simple.

Attachments

• 20230221_132235.jpg
    20230221_132235.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 6
is there any significant reason for those ears, do they play a part for support or not? sorry for so many dumb questions.
I guess if I break it it will be ok, I don't know if hpi intended or made a mistake but in this sbk kit it had 2 sets of full bodies. I never seen that before in any kit Ive messed with from other companies.

I wanted to say thank you to everyones help here it much appreciated, I did finally get it after a little trimming and now it goes in easily and perfectly. I finally got the body all trimmed out and fitted to the baja and its ready for paint, the only real issue I had was that the paint film tended to lift really bad all around from the trimming and dremeling but I just put painters tape over it to protect it. Ill get picks of the body when its done painted. Here's a pic of it all finished and fitted. Once again thank you.

Attachments

• 20230222_224529.jpg
    20230222_224529.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 19
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks