Did Traxxas update the Xmaxx to V3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrebee88

Just bought a new Xmaxx from Amain Hobbies. I bought one a couple years ago and bought the RPM hub carriers with oversized bearing to go along with it. I went ahead and did that with this Xmaxx as well... front casters and rear axle carriers. Low and behold... The bearings that were included with the stock Xmaxx were the same size as the RPM ones. Not to mention, the front RPM casters fit way too tight and I feel like ALL the stock stuff is better. Did I end up with a V3 Xmaxx??? If so, that is awesome that Traxxas fixed some of the issues.

No. Just a few upgrades that customers requested. They were all to make a better product.
So far, I have noticed larger bearings in the front and rear axle carriers (which seems to make the RPM parts unnecessary) and the included body savers and tailgate protector that I don't remember coming with the body. Anything else? I love to see a manufacturer making upgrades.

First thing to change as I just found out was the lousy plastic steering link off the servo folds over on itself and reduces turning to one side.

I too have the "updated" one

6s? :LOL:
psh GIF

I'm just going to leave this thing completely stock (besides the drywall tape and shoe goo I just put on the body) and see how it goes... going to try out the BMX park Saturday. I'm sure I'll break something... If not, then yay!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks