Diff rebuilding question???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't put to much in it or you will find it comes out and makes a hell of a mess :)

Personally i would use the FG white silicon grease that comes in a black and yellow tube,if you use a grease that thins out as it gets hotter then it will all run out between the case and inner case and out of the gaps by the bearings...........been there bought the T shirt

Last edited:
use this FG part number: 6512
this is FG diff grease.
it´s stikky an i slows down the diff action. you will never have a problem with traction i the curves, even if the innertyre is lifted of the ground the diffwould not unload all the driving power to the inner wheel.

i have tried several types of Grease an silicon oils but this one is the best i have tried.
it´s so thick so you have to digg it out of the container. wll you can pour it out but it will take about 30 minuts to fill a diff.

ok so what is the best way to make diff as reliable and bullit proff for my marder cause i looks like parts are popping out of diff and i have to rebuld it now, i see locking diffs and alloy and standerd rebuilds and sillicon added to keep rocks out? what sould i get or do and i may start racing soon so should i just fork out 270 for addjustable dif?

FG part number 8484 is all you need to rebuilt the diff.
if you add an stainless steel diff cover from Elcon you will have a diff that is so close to bullitproof as you can get.

you can´t get any parts that make your car billit proof but you can get realy close.

took it apart and the bevel gears are done, like an arkansaw woman missin a few teeth! and the gears that don't drive tthe cups, they are lookin bent a little. I have 8484 in hopes no broken teeth, is there anything better as far as bevel gears? any body have any bevel gears lyin around i can buy for litto money. and does the ss tube fit with the 8484 rebuild?

the diff A gears were missin a few teeth on one end, the B gears looked a little worn very sharp a curved a bit, but still usable i think. ill try to snd pics i just git shippmnt from ddm should be together by sunday

I'm not too happy with my heavy duty grease - Not sticky enough. I will be trying a new grease by ZEP called Flex Lube. I will get some trial in on it before recommending. it is some sticky crap!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks