difference kmt1000a and rovan terminator 30.5cc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draggline53

Can anyone tell me the difference between the king motor T1000a and the
Rovan RC 1/5 Scale 30.5cc Gas Petrol Terminator Truck RTR HPI Baja 5T Compatible. I'm looking at purchasing one. Need info on which is better and why? Thx;)

To me they honestly look the same i would look at the hop ups you can do see which one has the better option for that.. only thing i saw different is the Rovan has a 10 model controller not sure if the KM one will do that.

I don't have a KM to compare it to, but I just got my Rovan 5SC truck, quality seems to be above what I expected for the $$$. Ive picked up an HPI replacement for most of the parts Ive heard will fail, local salvage store has them for 50% off a bought-out hobby shop's prices, Ive bought a few hop ups as well, have yet to start the motor (tomorrow), but it far exceeded my expectations out of the box. Ill update as I go along, plus Ill do a build thread...

stay tuned

I don't have a KM to compare it to, but I just got my Rovan 5SC truck, quality seems to be above what I expected for the $$$. Ive picked up an HPI replacement for most of the parts Ive heard will fail, local salvage store has them for 50% off a bought-out hobby shop's prices, Ive bought a few hop ups as well, have yet to start the motor (tomorrow), but it far exceeded my expectations out of the box. Ill update as I go along, plus Ill do a build thread...

Keep me posted!!!!!!;)

OK, so I ran 2 tanks thru it at 25:1, it called for 1, but Ive dealt with 2 strokes a long time, and like to break them in slow. 2nd tank I started running it around the yard, some grass, starting to mud up, and a gravel driveway. On the first trip up the driveway, the steering let go, and I thought "here we go", but it was a turnbuckle that came unscrewed. I tightened that (I should have taken it all apart, and retorqued it all, but I got antsy too see it go). After that, I ran it for the remaining gas in that tank, and a 3rd at 25:1, getting on it pretty good for the 3rd tank. This thing is a blast! Ran across the softening snow like it was a sled, sounds like a motocross bike when it comes on the pipe. (Which is VERY loud, I love it, but some neighbors might not). I got over 30 mins of run time on my 3rd tank, which should get a bit better, if it breaks in like most motors Ive built. Also, it was around 35 degrees, so warm temps may help with mileage. After the run, we noticed a front sway bar mount vibrated loose, and a motor torque arm bolt was loose. 3 pretty hard rollovers, with the factory cage removed, and no damage. If I had torn it down, torqued and loctited everything like people recommend, it would have been 100% fail-free. I absolutely love it. Ordering one for my wife next week, so we have 2. Like I said, I don't have an HPI Baja to compare it to, but do have 2 brand new HPI vehicles, a Trophy 3.5 nitro buggy, and the HPI Bullet ST brushless (my wife's first truck, which broke 3 pieces in the front end 10 seconds into her first outside run, which seems to say something about the new HPI quality.....) It wasnt much of a hit, so were a little more than disappointed with that one.... Anyway, if the King Motors are anything like the Rovans, I wouldn't hesitate to buy either. Look for my upcoming build thread, Im going to go right thru mine, and Ill keep you posted on here of any failures.

Im not sure on that, Dan would be the one to check with, he sells them both... Selling one of my street rod projects tomorrow, then ordering a Rovan SC truck for the wife. We will have enough parts soon to build a 3rd...

I have a km buggy roller I bought that a converted to a Baja 5t,, few parts yet are still km, but 90 percent plus is aftermarket or hpi and now have all the parts to put the km buggy back together, so to answer the question,, yes,, they all fit,,, there is definitely quality issues between the km and aftermarket and hpi,,, upgrade to 5sc rear adjustable hubs from hpi,,, and then fit with all aftermarket and hpi is perfect ,, km axles don't fit well in hpi 5sc hubs in rear, and same for front,,, km to km,, hpi to hpi as far as hubs go,,,,, but everything does fit,,, I have some pics on here of it

the km t1000 2wd truck is a hpi Baja 5t copy,, and yes all the hpi 5b and 5t parts will fit as well as the aftermarket... just will notice quality of parts is better with hpi ,, also the upgrade radio box to hpi,, webbing stronger for throttle/ brake servo,, and u will be able to mount new steering servos from hitec and others,, my km mount had curved ends and new steering servo wouldn't fit,,,,, the km only fit stock steering servo which is unreliable,,, running hitec on mine... also running the stock km diff with ddm gears and fast eddy bearings,, and have had no issues , using a obr 30.5 prostock with a model logic 5t side pipe,, shes a beast,,,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks