Disc Fg Brakes Or Hydros?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dc2 man

Reading the Rules!
I WAS JUST THINKING THERE ABOUT BRAKES AND WOULDNT MIND A FEW OF YER OPNIONS ON THIS. i am currently running rear disc brakes on my fg beetle and considering the car has quite a lot of alloy the brakes are pretty good,now the thing is im like the rest of you lads out there much wants more.so i am thinking hydros?
now i am debating a few things as follows.
hydro cons as listed ahead.
1-fitting them
2-price
3-maintenance
4-air in pipes and bleeding
now we move to hydro pros.
1-great braking power
2-looks well
3-no cable ajustments
4-more relibale
now we move to disc cons.
1-ajusting cables
2-week braking power(compared to hydros)
3-heavier
4-servo strain
cable pros.
1-cheap!!
2-easy to fit
3-easy ajustment
4-good enough braking power in a cheap easy pakage.
so my conclusion is this, it is hard to decide between the two,its a case of expense over discs and would there be enough extra braking power to justify the extra expence? what are yer opnions on brakes,im intrested to know what you all think,are hydros worth all the hassle and cost?
any help greatly apricated lads. cheers!

Last edited:
Not a hard decision in my book, Hydros for me every time as they just make life easier, and I've never had any issues with bleeding them.

fair enough,i havnt even fitted my mecateks and iv got front and rears i was offered a good few euros for them so im debating selling them now,its a pain to fit them cylinders though and line them up for the servos,the taughts of removing batterys and everything is a bit of a nussance..
im trying to decide now.

fair enough,i havnt even fitted my mecateks and iv got front and rears i was offered a good few euros for them so im debating selling them now,its a pain to fit them cylinders though and line them up for the servos,the taughts of removing batterys and everything is a bit of a nussance..
im trying to decide now.

Yeah I know what you mean, some hydros have quite a large m/cylinder. The mecatechs and the Mk2 maguras aren't so bad though. But I'm still making a new top deck for mine so it will all sit nicely. :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks