Do aluminum 1/5 scale tuned pipes exist?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonkeyWrench

I am looking for a nice and light aluminum pipe for my 5ive T with stock 29cc. Do these exist? Is there a reason they are not common? To me it makes more sense to have a lighter pipe. Plus, aluminum is LOUDER!!! More fun for my neighbors!

It will get a bit soft.
I suspect it might deform when being used full bore. It won't melt - not until 550-580C, and these won't reach more than perhaps 130-150, even 180C.
Better something a bit more robust is better long-term - steel, titanium, inconel, etc.

Al.

Thanks for the info. That makes sense. I'm lookin at my SportMaxx with the blue pipe and I'm like, "why not for 1/5 scale?"
Built a few aluminum pipes and manifolds for boats over the years without any issues. I would suspect it has more to do with vibration and impact more than anything. It's up to the task as far as heat is concerned. Depending on the alloy of course.

Yes and NO! Lolz all depends on who makes it. For Example! Redcat uses all crap metal they can find in there pipes and they fall off in about 3 minutes of running the model! Now if you get a one from kespa. Which makes the same looking pip redcat makes but out of super high grade aircraft grade aluminum and they tig welder it correctly like they do then yeah! But you just spent 300$ more then your steel pipe. And these guys up top kinda hit it on nail saying it's to Soft! So the pipe is thicker metal and ends up same weight as the steel one when all is said and done.

Vibration and gars tends to fracture aluminum over time. So one day as your truck or car frolics through the dirt piles and does few barrel rolls to break it in like any rc truck or car should be loved half of that pipe will one day be out in that 6 inch tall grass never to be found lol

On the other hand I live in a area where salt is on everything! So my rcs do have pipes you ask about on them some actually used on rc boats that fit the build! But I also have to have tabs tig welded on each on and supports to hold the pipes from vibrating them selves to death which does happen to the best of them! Helps to own a machine shop lol if it's not aluminum or plastic it's stainless!

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks