do i

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no, you likely want the stock onboard failsafe working properly, as it is what triggers the 3rd channels.

what i do is just set the built in failsafe setting to neutral, ie... centered steering, and no gas/ no break, but make sure my 3rd channal failsafe setting it set to the Kill Mode (light out/blinking) on the Killer Bee failsafe.

Killer Bee also state DO NOT install the KB to the throttle / brake, install it on any other channel. Steering? OK, Lights? OK .....
Failsafe sets the throttle brake, killswitch kills the ignition / cuts the motor - 2 different things.
Al.

Take a look at the Killer Bee site.
Very simply DO NOT put it on the throttle / brake.
Put it on ANY OTHER CHANNEL which can be occupied, but use a Y-splitter.
If you want to control it using your Tx (transmitter), then YES, use a vacant channel.
Have a look at the site - it's one of those things that seems a little complicated to start, but is actually very simple.
Al.

Take a look at the Killer Bee site.
Very simply DO NOT put it on the throttle / brake.
Put it on ANY OTHER CHANNEL which can be occupied, but use a Y-splitter.
If you want to control it using your Tx (transmitter), then YES, use a vacant channel.
Have a look at the site - it's one of those things that seems a little complicated to start, but is actually very simple.
Al.

what you mean a y splitter ?

plug the V3 kill switch into the empty 3rd channel. set up the radio to work the 3rd channel as a 2 position switch (on/off) then set your fail safe (on the radio) so the Steering and T/B servo are at nuetral, and the 3rd channel reverts to the Kill mode on the KB Switch (KIll mode is light off, Run mode is light one).

so when you shut of your radio, or flip the 3rd chnl on the Tx, the kill swith cuts teh motor out.

Tim's advice is spot on, but if you're using all 3 channels a 'Y-splitter' permits you to plug 2 items and operate on the same channel.
An example is if you have hydraulic brakes. You may have a separate servo for the hydro piston, but need this to operate in conjunction with the normal throttle / brake servo. The Y-splitter permits you to plug the 2 servos together and operate off one channel.
Go onto Hobbythek and take a look. All will be clear.
Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks