Do you have this? .... should we have it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

British Menace

Hi All .....

I wanted to start a thread here asking about something we tend, seamingly to shy away from.....

Insurance!

For those times or occasions we never want to think about or just hope never happens. Someone getting hurt, damage etc.

Now this may be already known by some but I wanted to make it more public and advise for car racers and users to take up the offers and services offered by AMA.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/

If you take a look, even though they are an association primarily directed towards "model aircraft" and their use. Their services cover RC Car use!! (As well as boats!)

Now you are able to be covered not just at the track, or when your in a ROAR Event but when ever you take your car out its box and use it!!
With the speed these cars get to and the weight they bring, especially 1/5th scale(!) Its something we should all consider.

Does it cost and arm-and-a-leg? ..... NO, it doesn't. Price of 3 or 4 glow plugs!!

Just $58 and I got my full membership for the year! Plus you get a free magazine too!!

Read some of the benefits/ services here ......

Quote" ....

SERVICE
Liability Coverage for the Operation of Model Aircraft, Boats, Cars, and Rockets
$2,500,000 Comprehensive General Liability Protection for model activities for members, clubs, site owners, and sponsors
$25,000 Accident/Medical Coverage for members
$10,000 Maximum Accidental Death Coverage for members
$1,000 Fire, Theft, and Vandalism Coverage for members
Primary Site Owner Insurance
Published information ‑‑Financial reports, Contest Calendar, Construction Articles, Claim reports, and general news
Information how to obtain Non Profit status to retain income as a Tax Exempt organization under IRS Section 501(c)(3)
Accumulated assets ($11 million)
Safeguarding radio frequencies through liaison with Federal Communications Commission
Achievements recognized through the Awards Programs
World Record performances processed through FAI
Affiliate of National Aeronautical Association
Contest scheduling coordination to avoid conflicts
National Records recognized and recorded
Liaison maintained with major Government agencies (Corp. of Engineers, Navy, Air Force, Army, Marines, and FCC)
National Museum ‑ Frank V. Ehling National Model Museum ‑ free admission to all members
Museum Store for visitors
Museum Patron Program
Support and sponsorship of technical meetings
United States representation to the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale (FAI), Lucerne, Switzerland
More than 50 full-time staff members dedicated to serving all aspects of aeromodeling interests
The National Center for Aeromodeling, the world's only full‑time model aviation facility
Lee Renaud Memorial Library ‑ more than 25,000 publications and books with research service available
Specialty member programs offered only through AMA membership ‑ Credit Cards and Eye Care Discounts
Serving aeromodeling since 1936‑ more than 70 continuous years
Convenience of using a Fax machine to send and receive information
Affiliate of National Aeronautical Association
Web page on Internet ‑ Information dissemination
Internet E‑mail ‑ to improve ease of communications
Federal land use with Department of Interior
District meetings for in-person contact
Free 800 number for member service
Administrative staff to assist with explanation of various programs
Coordination with Federal Aviation Administration to promote safe regulations for flying
Online Club Charter Renewal Kit
Online Membership Manual
Purchase model plans
AMA Product Guide – WebStore

...... End quote.

Thanks to Shawn Gibbs at AMA for allowing me to quote from thire website.

Now we can all consider affordable insurance for those times you HOPE never come.

Regards
BM

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks