Does anyone know how to run two seperate servos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chillin4life187

Does anyone know a way to run 2 seperate servos. One for brakes and one for throttle. Im primarily interested in the symsteer setup where you can mount individual servos. (See pic). However, im told that its no longer made and they have since gone out of business. So where can I buy one? Or does anyone know a similar setup that works well?

Yes, its for running disc brakes.

Thanks

rokrcsymsteer-1.jpgrokrcsymsteer.jpgrokrcsymsteer2.jpg

Does anyone know a way to run 2 seperate servos. One for brakes and one for throttle. Im primarily interested in the symsteer setup where you can mount individual servos. (See pic). However, im told that its no longer made and they have since gone out of business. So where can I buy one? Or does anyone know a similar setup that works well?

Thanks
Yes they did go out of business, I'm not really a fan of supporting clone companies but it looks like the rovan system will be the only option
https://www.rovanrc.com/steering-kits/rovan-baja-symmetrical-push-pull-steering-kit/
These only use 1 throttle servo for throttle and brake. No idea if it sucks or not, nor do I know if there is any advantages to a sym steer.

Thanks

Weird ,my head is spinning on that ,however ,you might want to check into sail boats or land sailing ,they
might use that concept!

Thanks
What does having separate throttle and brake servos have to do with this steering setup ? Sorry I'm having trouble wrapping my little brain around this. Why do you need a separate servo for running Disc Brakes ?

Ok guys... mote then a few responded and must have completely misunderstood me or Im just a crappy at writing. And really bro...your head was spinning..? Sailboats??
I was asking about mounting and location for an additional servo. My 40lb rig going 50+ mph needs front brakes...i have had tried every type to including the RCR brakes and different variations of carbon disks. That bring said its nice having front brakes in case the rears overheat, fail, whatever. Since Im running front disc brakes I don't want to burn out my throttle servo. Even though ive spent significant money and they do hold for quite some time. They start fading and warming up after a while running out in the AZ desert. So again, i was interestes in the RoK symsteer because it comes with a mounting plate for an additinal servo. A 3rd servo that can be used for only the front brakes. Seeing that they are out of business. I wanted to get ideas on location for mounting a 3rd servo in a similar type setup. I hope that clears things up and answer any questions anyone had. So location for 3rd servo. Sysmsteer has mount for 3rd servo. Got it? I Was not asking about programming sean.
I appreciate you writing back tho.

And cbaker: really bro. Your head is spinning. Maybe your thinking too much about those sailbots you mention...

Ok guys... mote then a few responded and must have completely misunderstood me or Im just a crappy at writing. And really bro...your head was spinning..? Sailboats??
I was asking about mounting and location for an additional servo. My 40lb rig going 50+ mph needs front brakes...i have had tried every type to including the RCR brakes and different variations of carbon disks. That bring said its nice having front brakes in case the rears overheat, fail, whatever. Since Im running front disc brakes I don't want to burn out my throttle servo. Even though ive spent significant money and they do hold for quite some time. They start fading and warming up after a while running out in the AZ desert. So again, i was interestes in the RoK symsteer because it comes with a mounting plate for an additinal servo. A 3rd servo that can be used for only the front brakes. Seeing that they are out of business. I wanted to get ideas on location for mounting a 3rd servo in a similar type setup. I hope that clears things up and answer any questions anyone had. So location for 3rd servo. Sysmsteer has mount for 3rd servo. Got it? I Was not asking about programming sean.

And cbaker: really bro. Your head is spinning. Maybe your thinking too much about those sailbots you mention...

Uh ,you said push pull servo ,so yes ,I did miss understand you!
You may not need a 3 or 4 channel ,you might can use a servo Y connector for another servo ,then adjust the
the linkage throw accordingly to run front brakes!

Last edited:

I have disc brakes on my buggy that was why I asked.
As others have said you just need a 3 or 4 channel radio and figure out a spot to mount a third servo.

Last edited:

So, I'd get this team fast Eddy radio box eliminator kit,
http://www.davesmotors.com/Team-FastEddy-Battery-Box-Eliminator-for-HPI-Baja-5B-5T-5SC-1299-TFE.html
And this http://www.davesmotors.com/Team-Fas...-Adaptor-for-HPI-Baja-5B-5T-5SC-1300-TFE.html
Soo that will make space for a second throttle servo, now team fast Eddy makes a throttle servo mount for that eliminator kit, that I'm sure with a little drilling you can add a second one of these for a second servo. I'll provide pics if your confused as to were this mounts. Here is the throttle servo mount that you'd need 2 of (for the throttle sero and second brake servo)
http://www.teamfasteddy.com/throttle-brake-servo-mount/
Just note you would need a small thin lipo or life battery for this because the radio box eliminator kit removes the space for that big ass nimh. That's all I could think of, unless you go with the system mark35 has suggested

find a radio with channel mixing, i know the JR Racing XS3 does, but it is an old system (75 mhz synthesized not 2.4ghz), (not going to lie though its one of my favorite radios) but you can program the channels to mix functions. doing this would be able to set it up to apply all brakes instead of one or the other (didnt know what was the goal as far as if both at same time or one or the other.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks