dogbone pins improved??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bajaraji

Hey guys i git me a TT for christmas and the upgrades. does anybody know if this version has the improved dogbones in it, or do i have to drop in some MCD dogbones? help pleeeese.

Hi just thought i would give you one up on the dogbones Ive bean reading about this it just so happens that i have a mate that has the rampage mt he was telling me about the pins popping out all the time so i told him to bring the ram round my house to check it over it just happens that i have the 1.4 scale fs dogbones that i ordered for a conversion test that i was working on
they seem to be the same length as the ram so taking a much closer look we found out that the 1.4 scale fs dogbones are much thicker and the pin holes are a touch smaller hence the pins in the dogbone will not come out they are wedged in there so tight man it was a git to get them out where as the ram pins just one tap and they shot out also when i was sizing them up it confirmed what i said in the first place the holes in the ram dogbones are a touch bigger than the fs ones so thought you would like to know

bloody hell that's like 6 times i mentioned dogbones including this to :blush:

green loctite the pins and it solves the problem, haven't had one fall out since i started doing it, HSP have an upgraded version now, bones are 3mm longer, not quite long enough and still need ear plugs to centre them properly and take the slop out but the pins are retained now with a grub screw..you need to dremel a flat on them though or they still fall out and blue loctite the grub screw but it's a step in the right direction and at least it's way easier to replace a snapped pin

Back