Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Dominator vs. Jet pro

Discussion in 'HPI Baja' started by pennst11, Mar 19, 2007.

1. pennst11

pennst11 Member

I am looking at getting the Jet Pro unsilenced pipe, and I am also considering the DDM Dominator pipe. They seem to both be good at low and mid, but my only concern is justifing an extra fifty dollars for the Jet Pro. I would just like some different opinoins on the two. Not interested in a can so no suggestoins for those needed. :nono: Thanks!!! Wayne

2. Harris

Harris Well-Known Member

i have both pipes and it just depends what u are after. the dominator pipe has more low and mid then the jet pro. but the jet pro let me rev higher.

if u are running in a smaller area id use the ddm pipe because it hits top end faster, if u are bashing in a large area id use the jetpro. because it will let u go faster on top end.

this is what i was seeing with my buggy running a esp race ported zen 26.

3. pennst11

pennst11 Member

I wasn't aware of the top end of the Jet Pro, I was running in front of my house (to small of an area, mail boxes etc). I now have about 2 acres of bashing area so I think the Jet Pro might be a better fit. I will also be using it on the stock engine w/ the Walbro Wt-813 and a Z-rc tall billet intake manifold. Do you think this would help with low end and high coupled with the Jet Pro???

4. Harris

Harris Well-Known Member

the jet pro should bring it right to life. u will notice alot more power all the way around. but u will notice the biggest gain on mid and high end with the jp 3.

i never ran any thing besides stock carb and intake so im not sure how much thats going to add. but i think it should defently help.