Don't know where to start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rctrucker

I bought this FG truck with mostly stock parts from someone on eBay. I ran it the second time on the field today and while driving, I the truck slowed down and then completely stopped. The engine was still running and I could increase the throttle and heard the engine rev louder, but the truck couldn't move.

Where do I start troubleshooting? I noticed that when I used my finger to stop the big gear inside of the rear chassis (not the 16/48 pinions outside of the chassis,) the rear wheels were moving with little resistance. Is this normal?

Thanks.

spur gear/pinion mesh. clutch shoes, alot of times the grub screws (set screws) will loosen in the axels, check all the gears, make sure bearings are good and not binding.

Check the following:

1-Spur gear carrier- if plastic it probably rounded out- upgrade to the alloy one (#6439)
2-check the wheel squares on the rear wheels- the grub screws may have loosened causing the tires not to turn under throttle.
3- check the ring gear on the diff, sometimes the screws come loose
4- check the layshaft gear or the clutchbell gear.

If it is not one of these, it may be your clutch but it is probably one of the three above.

Thank you all for the quick replies.

I found these 2 things before attempting taking the truck apart to check the itemized possible issues listed by rcnutshobbies.

. The throttle servo (not sure that's the right name to call it) that drives two long metal sticks...looking from the back, the stick on the right is still in tact with the rest of the movement. The stick on the left is not. It's running loose. As in, when the servo moves, only the stick on the right is being effective. What's the one on the left for?

. I found a steel 14-tooth pinion fallen out from the chassis. What is this? It appears to be part #6067 in the picture from the manual, but I'm not sure.

Thanks to the community for the help.

Thank you all for the quick replies.

I found these 2 things before attempting taking the truck apart to check the itemized possible issues listed by rcnutshobbies.

. The throttle servo (not sure that's the right name to call it) that drives two long metal sticks...looking from the back, the stick on the right is still in tact with the rest of the movement. The stick on the left is not. It's running loose. As in, when the servo moves, only the stick on the right is being effective. What's the one on the left for?

. I found a steel 14-tooth pinion fallen out from the chassis. What is this? It appears to be part #6067 in the picture from the manual, but I'm not sure.

Thanks to the community for the help.

The two long metal sticks..... one of them should be hooked to you carb for throttle and the other should float through an eyelet for the brake function.
FYI, substitute metal sticks for: Throttle / brake linkage or push rods.

That gear that you found is off the layshaft, that's why the car wont move forward.

Allanach:

Thank you so much. I wish the manual has the terms there for me. Do you know the part number for the layshaft and the 14-tooth steel gear on the layshaft?

Thanks.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks