DOOMS DAY Virus discussion thread AKA Oh Fek my phone is tapped ??‍♂️?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z.hb71

Build Thread Contributor
Thought I should make this for us to discuss this virus that's going around as we have members from all round the world ??
But first a little meme to brighten up the mood a bit ?
89449371_344828449767222_7269177240409188924_n.jpg

In Illinois theres only 30 cases so far, pretty sure they are in quarantine. Zero deaths as of now. But they have just announced national emergency, and Illinois announced a state emergency a couple days ago I believe. So people are going apeshit, toilet paper is completely gone, canned food is sold out. Crazy. Also the government just announced that cruises are banned for 30 days.

Delete if not allowed. Idk why it wouldn't lol.

So here in pa, we just closed all schools for 2 weeks. If we get any local cases daycare will close too, which will put my wife and I in quite the pickle money wise. As I work for a local municipality we've had a few updates from the state regarding what could happen if it gets really deep, which I cant go into. Its here and serious. We've taken a proactive approach thus far and hopefully the measures put into place will help us keep out breaks to a minimum here in the states.
The hype about the toilet paper is true. After dropping the kids off I ran to walmart. Isles literally empty. No TP, paper towels, napkins, snot rags, and baby wipes(which I actually needed). Funny thing was the soap and disinfectants were fairly well stocked. Canned goods were there, not like normal, but not picked clean either. An old man with a cart full of bottled water and saltine crackers was tearing the manager a new one. I had to intervene, on the managers behalf. The poor guy has no control over when stuff sells out. Normally I wouldnt have said anything. Just really pissed me off. Your telling me people don't have enough paper towels and TP at their houses to last 2 or 3 weeks? Unreal. The real issue isnt the staying at home for a relatively short period if time, it going to be the economic impact from having everything shut down, and or lack of work force from taking off to watch children or care for family. It's a crap shoot. Wash your hands, stay away from anyone sick, and pray we all make it through this mess.

Damn, yeah my mom was telling us (me n sisters) about how the economy could go to poop, and small businesses could go under. She also said something that the government would give out money as salary if they could not make the money due to this, I have not researched this tho so I take it with a grain of salt (not saying I don't trust her, but she and my dad do get confused quite often lol).

Yes, Trump has put several things into motion that should help out if it comes down to missed pay. Only problem is the money has to come from somewhere. And idle business isnt good for business if you know what I mean. For an economy to function, and prosper, we all have to do our part. Go to work, make products, or perform services. If that all stops. The economy tanks. Think about it on a larger scale. Were talking possible global catastrophe.

This is going the same as 08/09 and if so we will all take a hit ? guys like me who rely heavily on people disposable income will feel the pinch big time!!! So what you mum is say is bang on Z?
Damn, yeah my mom was telling us (me n sisters) about how the economy could go to poop, and small businesses could go under. She also said something that the government would give out money as salary if they could not make the money due to this, I have not researched this tho so I take it with a grain of salt (not saying I don't trust her, but she and my dad do get confused quite often lol).

I remember the 08 recession like yesterday. My old man nearly lost his business. My road work dried up instantly. Only thing kept me in a job was contract generator work. Not looking forward to that again. Hope you got a decent stash Doug.

Yes it was a tough time ? every thing went up after that gas / food .......but this down turn happens every 11/12 years ????
Economic depression
I remember the 08 recession like yesterday. My old man nearly lost his business. My road work dried up instantly. Only thing kept me in a job was contract generator work. Not looking forward to that again. Hope you got a decent stash Doug.
What I have is very little debt so.....its a kind of stash I guess??

I know years ago the checks made to people traveling into the country was a bit different if you couldn't provide up to date medical records you were quarantined until the US could perform their own it was standard practice.I know this because my father mother and two older brothers went through it when they immigrated here legally which took 5 years.Do you guys think something like that would have made a difference this time around?

I am in New Jersey and it's crazy over here everything is cleaned out luckily I I can get my hands on stuff so no worries on my end but my father is 90 so the virus frightens me and has me on edge.

Last edited:
I know years ago the checks made to people traveling into the country was a bit different if you couldn't provide up to date medical records you were quarantined until the us could perform their own it was standard practice.I know this because my father mother and two older brothers went through it when they immigrated here legally which took 5 years.Do you guys think something like that would have made a difference this time around?

I am in New Jersey and it's crazy over here everything is cleaned out luckily I I can get my hands on stuff so no worries on my end but my father is 90 so the virus frightens me and has me on edge.
I think it would to a degree. It would only work tho, with people who would are definitely infected (if im right) as in it wouldn't work with people who just caught it (symptoms appear in 2-4 days I think).

I'm 59 yrs old. I've never seen anything like this.

I'm 66 and never seen it either.
Just glad I don't live in a city.
So here in pa, we just closed all schools for 2 weeks. If we get any local cases daycare will close too, which will put my wife and I in quite the pickle money wise. As I work for a local municipality we've had a few updates from the state regarding what could happen if it gets really deep, which I cant go into. Its here and serious. We've taken a proactive approach thus far and hopefully the measures put into place will help us keep out breaks to a minimum here in the states.
The hype about the toilet paper is true. After dropping the kids off I ran to walmart. Isles literally empty. No TP, paper towels, napkins, snot rags, and baby wipes(which I actually needed). Funny thing was the soap and disinfectants were fairly well stocked. Canned goods were there, not like normal, but not picked clean either. An old man with a cart full of bottled water and saltine crackers was tearing the manager a new one. I had to intervene, on the managers behalf. The poor guy has no control over when stuff sells out. Normally I wouldnt have said anything. Just really pissed me off. Your telling me people don't have enough paper towels and TP at their houses to last 2 or 3 weeks? Unreal. The real issue isnt the staying at home for a relatively short period if time, it going to be the economic impact from having everything shut down, and or lack of work force from taking off to watch children or care for family. It's a crap shoot. Wash your hands, stay away from anyone sick, and pray we all make it through this mess.

T P is the same here.
Been none for a couple of weeks.
Luckily we have a business and the mob that supply our dunnies got us a couple of boxes.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks