Doug's hpi 5B SS

spents

Uncle Fester👻
PLUS member
i'm so far behind with the forum posts, i needs a proper catch up :),
watched the vid doug, bob on (y)(y), fresh intro as well ,
question, does cory use an electric starter ? or does he just manage a pull start,

spents

Uncle Fester👻
PLUS member
He was in a surfing accident when he was 20😭 his wife helps with wrenching and starting. Then any field work/repairs one of us helps. Even loading his car is a problem 🤷‍♂️ . He is an excellent driver 👍🏻 never rolls not like me🤦‍♂️🤣😆😂
ah right doug,
always plenty people around to help him when needed then (y)(y),
loadings an issue for me as well, i made a lightweight steel tube frame up so i can slide the rc's into the boot and out again ,
still a proper pain even with the ramp slider doodad :LOL:

spents

Uncle Fester👻
PLUS member
It must be super challenging 😱 on the + plus side lucky your hands still work 100%. I really don't mind helping a braaaap head out and its always more fun with extra lads about🤜🏻🤛🏻
yeh it can be super challenging doug, but yeh i'm lucky in that respect that i still have full use of hands etc,
cory has a much tougher time than me,
it makes a big difference when someones on hand to help you out if needed (y)(y),
i'm sure cory appreciates any help ya gives him doug (y)

DougStar

Well Known Member
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
I haven't posted here for a while🤔 my 65cc Taylor rig needs some attention.
After adding the Akihiro cage i wanted to balance/offset the extra weight. And after a massive stack that snapped a hinge pin 🤦‍♂️ Screenshot_20220120-082028_Messenger.jpg
Thought it would be good for a strip down. 👍🏻 20220119_170856.jpg
Found some other issues 🤔 bent the bonehead wheelie bar brackets😱🤷‍♂️ 20220119_170916.jpg
The snapped pin, pretty sure the braces are still good......still need to have a closer look👍🏻 20220119_170925.jpg
Quite a few bolts where loose 😱 only 1 motor mount was tight😆 20220119_174853.jpg
Got the rear end off as one👍🏻 next step is to strip and clean.....see if I need to order some more parts👌🏻

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks