Drive shaft length

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbod

Hi i just bought a used marder the rear suspension jams up when working , after stripping it down it seems that the drive shafts are to long , when the wishbones are level the is no free play in the shafts they are under tension , are these the rights shafts ?

Attachments

• 2021-04-04 11.53.54.jpg
    2021-04-04 11.53.54.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 7
not sure on the shaft lengths dude, but has previous owner wound on a load of camber ?
top of wheel tilted in further than the bottom i mean,
may just need some camber adjusting out of it (y)

wheels have very slight positive camber , top of wheel tilted out .
just looked it up and seems yer shafts are right dude, fg marder shafts are or should be 101.5mm same as in yer pic above,
now the rear lower a arms, maybe there adjusted wrong for length ?
and / or previous owner has a ton of toe in added to the lower arms which is making things way too tight,
probably you need to reset everything to stock lengths and start from there mate (y),
i got the above shaft length info from here ,

https://rc-car-online.de/en/products/fg_6080-6080-fg-rear-dogbone.html

I don't suppose you have the standard settings do you , i haven't got a manual and all i can find online is exploded parts diagrams

I don't suppose you have the standard settings do you , i haven't got a manual and all i can find online is exploded parts diagrams
i'll have a look in a minute mate (y),
all the fg off roads use the same drive shafts in the rear as far as i know,
i have an fg stadium, so if i can find manual i'll have a looksy at lower arm settings/lengths,
or i may have assembled arms that i know are stock lengths,
(my fg is in bits at moment ) :LOL:

what striikar said above mate (y):D,
but just as a basic length for the arms its 134mm outside to outside,
just gets you a starting point to work from (y)

and my dogbones rae same as yours at 101.5mm

Listen to these guys, your alignment is off. I have to pull apart my marder later today. When I do I'll get you some measurements with pics.

Order up a RPM camber gauge when you can, they cheep. Also measures toe!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks