Drop in fit steering servos.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tisane

Ok so my steering servo just went up in smoke :(
No matter how much I've looked I cannot find a definitive answer to what servo/s will simply drop in with no issues or mods.
So who has changed out their steering servo and what servo did you use.

Savox is essentially a losi servo and drops right in. No issues and performs flawlessly. Well worth the $$. Fewer teeth on the horn spline but the stock Losi 5t horn mounts right on, is aluminum and comes with a threaded arm.

Last edited:
Cheers for that guys I had a feeling it was going to be a toss up between Hitec and Savox.
I popped down my local shop and they had both Hitec and Savox, I've gone for the Savox 0235 for the moment, when funds allow I'm going to grab a 0236 and swap them, using the 0235 for throttle and brake and 0236 for steering.

My stock steering servo....gone.Any sugestions ? I read your opinions,but...anybody make the move ? Get that SAVOX TO DBXL,and ,no issue ? I replace the stock steering with the aloy AREA sterring,but still my servo...burn ! Tks

Last edited:
problem with my 0236 savox

I get 0236 Savox but not happy ! Why ? After 10-15 off light bashing,servo do not respond,and wheels bear to the right.I try to trim,but nothing happend.I let the DBXL to "rest",and the next day...play again.Same thing.Run for 10-15 min and servo,stop responding.The batteries are fully charged,so I don't think this is the issue....the batteries.So,when I was ready do have fun....Tks for help !!!!

Last edited:
Area servo horn

I have on my DBXL "Area aloy steering",witch I'm very happy,but the horn from "Area aloy steering" is stock,so will no fit in my new and trouble maker Savox servo,so I use the Savox horn,witch is smaller then “Area alloy steering”.I search the web for,but…..Any sugestions ? Pls

Attachments

• AREA  HORN.jpg
    AREA HORN.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 17
in order to see the full potential from the Savox servos (0235, 0236, 0240, 0241), you'll need to obtain a 7.4 LiPo battery to replace the stock 6V battery. When selecting the a battery, be sure the size is correct for the battery box and the connectors are the same. Another solution is to get a larger batter box and battery:

http://www.killerrc.com/product/losi-dbxl-box-lid-kit/

in order to see the full potential from the Savox servos (0235, 0236, 0240, 0241), you'll need to obtain a 7.4 LiPo battery to replace the stock 6V battery. When selecting the a battery, be sure the size is correct for the battery box and the connectors are the same. Another solution is to get a larger batter box and battery:

http://www.killerrc.com/product/losi-dbxl-box-lid-kit/
I have 6 V stock battery.The other servo is...stock. Can be any problems if I use LiPo ? I read on other forum..."do not use LiPo" battery on DBXL.Tks.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks