D's HPI 5t build

dougstar

The Sheriff⭐
Staff member
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
As you lot know I have bought a dona hpi 5b ss as my next project πŸ‘πŸ» it's not a perfect car πŸ€” but all in all has all the base bit I'd need for a build
20191008_142415.jpg 20191008_142441.jpg 20191008_142510.jpg 20191008_142428.jpg
This next pics is all of what my $290 got me
20191008_143703.jpg
Some hpi spare and a few km spares 20191008_145342.jpg 20191008_145353.jpg
It also came some km disc brakes( gonna ditch them asap)πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
For now I have ordered mostly team chase cage parts to convert it into a 5t and a TR quick diff coz was on DOD for 104 had to take oneπŸ‘πŸ»not sure what my next move will but I think it's a good startπŸ€”πŸ˜Ž

Z.hb71

Well used πŸ“ Harvester😳
Build Thread Contributor
As you lot know I have bought a dona hpi 5b ss as my next project πŸ‘πŸ» it's not a perfect car πŸ€” but all in all has all the base bit I'd need for a build
View attachment 53641 View attachment 53642 View attachment 53643 View attachment 53644
View attachment 53645
Some hpi spare and a few km spares View attachment 53646 View attachment 53647
For now I have ordered mostly team chase cage parts to convert it into a 5t and a TR quick diff coz was on DOD for 104 had to take oneπŸ‘πŸ»not sure what my next move will but I think it's a good startπŸ€”πŸ˜Ž
Nice you got a real tc cage. I was stuck with the rovan knock off, it's not a bad cage, sometimes you have to stretch it a tiny bit in the back to get it to fit, but I'd rather support the original creator πŸ‘ nice baj

Phill2

View attachment 53641 View attachment 53642 View attachment 53643 View attachment 53644
View attachment 53645
Some hpi spare and a few km spares View attachment 53646 View attachment 53647
Bargain! (y)

dougstar

The Sheriff⭐
Staff member
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
So I mailed Sean to ask him about buy some parts for my new buildπŸ‘πŸ» gearing and bell carrier.......think the gearing he suggested is a bit lowπŸ€” but he always answers real quickπŸ‘πŸ» Screenshot_20191009-055404_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20191009-055431_Gmail.jpg
He has tr grabber bell that takes blackbone gearingπŸ‘πŸ» Screenshot_20191009-060356_Samsung Internet.jpg do prefer the look of the UFC bell that rcmax stocks just not sure it will fit the bell carrier πŸ€”
Screenshot_20191009-060700_Samsung Internet.jpg

Z.hb71

Build Thread Contributor
So I mailed Sean to ask him about buy some parts for my new buildπŸ‘πŸ» gearing and bell carrier.......think the gearing he suggested is a bit lowπŸ€” but he always answers real quickπŸ‘πŸ» View attachment 53665
View attachment 53666
He has tr grabber bell that takes blackbone gearingπŸ‘πŸ» View attachment 53667 do prefer the look of the UFC bell that rcmax stocks just not sure it will fit the bell carrier πŸ€”
View attachment 53668
Those bells won't fit normal bearings (that's probably has to do with the reason you need the new carrier). Also I'd get the UFC, has more cooling holes which your Gunna need with the twin. Also make sure you run a fs clutch, I hear alot of problems with clutches on those things (why alx makes a 70mm kit lol). Also like Sean said (obr Sean that is), gearing is really a preference so personally I'd get 22/52 and then whatever mark35 suggested. So you can see what y like.

Z.hb71

Build Thread Contributor
Will the ufc fit the open tr bell carrier....that is the question πŸ€” definitely go fs clutchπŸ‘πŸ»
Ahhh πŸ€” couldn't tell you. The outer diameter of the shaft on my cb is 15mm so the ID of the bearing has to be that, ask ddm or whoever sells it. Cuz if that TR bell carrier is meant for a stock style cb, that ain't Gunna work, too small shaft diameter (you know all about that doug πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰πŸ€£

Z.hb71

Build Thread Contributor
So that's why I'm thinking will the ufc bell work with the tr open bell carrier???
It probably will as OBR says so. I was just stating that normal clutch bells and the UFC,TR,blackbone are different, standard ones have a thinner shaft, that was my concern. But hey I'm probably wrong as per usual πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

dougstar

The Sheriff⭐
Staff member
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Go and have a look at the bell pics I posted and read description
It probably will as OBR says so. I was just stating that normal clutch bells and the UFC,TR,blackbone are different, standard ones have a thinner shaft, that was my concern. But hey I'm probably wrong as per usual πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚