D's HPI twin build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet any info is welcome Sean ?
Just as a small point of converaation, my old man had this kit he would use to balance the cylinders on his mercury. I know one of the things he used to check was vacuum at idle. He had an air fuel meter as well, but don't remember him using it much. There were some engine specific tools for getting all the carbs timed up right, but to be honest I'll have to check with him what all he actually checked. I know there was a big difference before and after how well the engine ran.

Shes a beast.
Very difficult tuning the carbs as the one pipe is like so in the way :unsure: ? there is also an issue i need to clear up with Sean OBR.....but on the whole im happy, but its taken lots of feking about to get here ........not for people who are new to the game for sure(y)

Very difficult tuning the carbs as the one pipe is like so in the way :unsure: ? there is also an issue i need to clear up with Sean OBR.....but on the whole im happy, but its taken lots of feking about to get here ........not for people who are new to the game for sure(y)

yeh tuning carbs is a pain in the arse doug, but once you get the temps between cylinders similar then don't go nuts and twiddle the needles all the time, find the sweet spot and leave it there mate,
mine does hold the tune fairly well and doesn't change if ya get what I mean,
it will take around 3 to 4 tanks before it loosens up fully as well,
if it wheelies too much just take some preload off the rear springs, softer rear equals less wheelies (y),

yeh tuning carbs is a pain in the arse doug, but once you get the temps between cylinders similar then don't go nuts and twiddle the needles all the time, find the sweet spot and leave it there mate,
mine does hold the tune fairly well and doesn't change if ya get what I mean,
it will take around 3 to 4 tanks before it loosens up fully as well,
if it wheelies too much just take some preload off the rear springs, softer rear equals less wheelies (y),
The temps are quite even now.....but need a little more space than just the back garden?? once I m happy I'll not touch it.
With the Team chase cage its near impossible to reach the needles so it will be great for it to hold the tune?? want the wheelies??? I have phatdad anti squat plate to stop rear dropping to much?? waiting for tank 4-5?

The temps are quite even now.....but need a little more space than just the back garden?? once I m happy I'll not touch it.
With the Team chase cage its near impossible to reach the needles so it will be great for it to hold the tune?? want the wheelies??? I have phatdad anti squat plate to stop rear dropping to much?? waiting for tank 4-5?
Mate, if I had such a badass rig/running rig 5 thanks would b nothing, done in a day ? get er done ??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks