DSMR compatible transmitter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m thinking seriously about pre ordering the new losi 5ive-T 2.0.. it says you need a DSMR compatible transmitter... I’m currently using a flysky GT3B.. will this bind to it or will I have go another route?

Thanks

I’m thinking seriously about pre ordering the new losi 5ive-T 2.0.. it says you need a DSMR compatible transmitter... I’m currently using a flysky GT3B.. will this bind to it or will I have go another route?

Thanks
Don't think that would bind. Personally I'd take the dsmr reciever out and sell it and buy the fs gt3b receiver cuz why take the extra hassle? Also the fs gt3b receiver is like under 10 bucks

Flysky wont work with Spektrum.
Z.hb71 hit it on the nose.
That Spektrum reciever is like 80 bucks new.
You can sell it...or keep it...whichever you want...
I just saw a 4 pack of Flysky recievers on ebay for $22.00.

I have one in my 5ive running a lipo. I don't remember what model it is...it's been in there for a while....It's one of those things I installed and forget about...I have had ZERO issues with it. I do know that i don't have the FS-A3.
Flysky has 3 recievers for 3ch surface.

FS-GR3E
Receiver Specification:
Channels: 3
Model type: Surface
Sensitivity: 1024
RF. receiver sensitivity: -100dbm
Power: 4.5~6VDC
Weight: 5g
Antenna length: 26mm
Size: 37.6 x 22.3 x 13mm
CE & FCC certified

FS-GR3F
Receiver Specification:
RF Range: 2.4 - 2.48GHz
Bandwidth: 500KHz
Band sum: 160
RF receiver sensitivity: -105dBm
2.4GHz System: AFHDS
Code type: GFSK
Power: 4.0 - 8.4V DC
ANT length: 26mm
Size: 35mm x 22mm x 12mm (1.4in x 0.8in x 0.5in)
Certificate: CE FCC

FS-A3
Receiver Specification:
RF Range: 2.4 - 2.48GHz
Bandwidth: 500KHz
Band sum: 160
RF receiver sensitivity: -105dBm
2.4GHz System: AFHDS
Code type: GFSK
Power: 4.0 - 8.4V DC
ANT length: 26mm
Size: 35mm x 22mm x 12mm (1.4in x 0.8in x 0.5in)
Certificate: CE FCC

This is the specs given with the receiver I purchased... not sure if it’s accurate or not.. I’m sure it won’t take long to find out if it can handle it or not lol

Attachments

• D32609FE-6860-4575-B9F9-E4A8EF3BFD79.png
    D32609FE-6860-4575-B9F9-E4A8EF3BFD79.png
    228.7 KB · Views: 14
I’m guessing since I’ve got a little over 2hrs of run time on my losi 5ive 2.0 now running the flysky receiver and the 7.4 lipo that it’s gonna be alright... so far it hasn’t missed a beat

I’m guessing since I’ve got a little over 2hrs of run time on my losi 5ive 2.0 now running the flysky receiver and the 7.4 lipo that it’s gonna be alright... so far it hasn’t missed a beat

Well... after 12hrs of run time the trusty fs-gt3e receiver died on me... ?... guess I’ll be ordering one that’s definitely rated for 7.4v
I’m just thankful she didn’t die at full throttle.. ?

When she died the engine continued to run and the only way to kill it was to turn off the power switch or use the kill switch on the engine..the throttle and steering servos wouldn’t work at all.. and the little light on the receiver is dead now so ?

Last edited:
So you need a DSMR? If you go with a spektrum make sure you buy a reciever without avc (y)I'm running SR415 and SR310 from spektrum with a DX4S with no avc in sight and they are DSMR??View attachment 51431
View attachment 51432

I’ve been running a flysky gt3b.. I was using the receiver that came with the radio.. which was only 6volt rated.. not 7.4... they have one that is.. I have a couple of those on order now..

I figured if it wasn’t going to work it would have burnt out pretty quickly.. apparently in my case at least it works but only for a little while...

Lesson learned.. ?‍♂️

Well.. I had a few spare fs-gt3e receivers laying around so I decided to throw another one in for now until the others arrive and I noticed when I removed the bad one it was full of water... ??‍♂️?... I may have gotten a little hose happy when I gave her a bath yesterday morning

so I dried out the box and sealed it up with silicone where the wires come in the bottom so that shouldn’t happen again.. ???

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks