DBXL 2.0 Dual servos setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey! I was looking for a dual servo setup. Please call if you have them. I have Savox on my smaller rigs. 1/5 scale noob. Looking for advice and recommendations!
I’m literally just about to do the same! What 1/5 are you using?

Not like there are a lot of good options for duel servos in the dbxl platform anyway. My 5ive t and vekta are much heavier then the dbxl and have no issue turning on a single servo. I ran a single savox 0236mg for sterring in my dbxl without issue. Hitch is still glitchy but still works in the five and the vekta has a hillantronics survo.
The agfrc servos seems to be all the rage now.

As others have said, I would avoid using dual servo, just means more battery drain & more that can go wrong for very little (if any!?) gain, if 1 servo is pulling harder than the other then they will be fighting each other & putting strain on each other! ..Instead, get a decent single servo, the stock steering servo is very weak for this size/weight of model, i upgraded mine to a SAVOX 0241, but stripped it on its second outing! (although this may have been due to a crappy FID servo Saver which actually did the opposite!!). But anyway i then decided to get the AGFRC 80KG servo, expensive...very! worth it? Definitely! Prob the best upgrade ive done to my dibby. Early days yet but so far its performed well even with 90% of my dibby being alloy so weight quite a bit more than stock. Albeit i have also reinstalled the stock servo save and ditched the disaster FID one. Which at the moment the servo saver is the weak point as even with it tightened right up, it takes very little force for the servo saver to do its thing and in turn im losing steering because of it! :(

I may try the genuine Losi alloy servo saver & see how i get on with that, Or maybe even try Vitavon one, but will see.

For the throttle/brake the stock servo is meant to be ok (or so ive read) but to be honest i replaced this with also the SAVOX 0241 which has been great so far.

As others have said, I would avoid using dual servo, just means more battery drain & more that can go wrong for very little (if any!?) gain, if 1 servo is pulling harder than the other then they will be fighting each other & putting strain on each other! ..Instead, get a decent single servo, the stock steering servo is very weak for this size/weight of model, i upgraded mine to a SAVOX 0241, but stripped it on its second outing! (although this may have been due to a crappy FID servo Saver which actually did the opposite!!). But anyway i then decided to get the AGFRC 80KG servo, expensive...very! worth it? Definitely! Prob the best upgrade ive done to my dibby. Early days yet but so far its performed well even with 90% of my dibby being alloy so weight quite a bit more than stock. Albeit i have also reinstalled the stock servo save and ditched the disaster FID one. Which at the moment the servo saver is the weak point as even with it tightened right up, it takes very little force for the servo saver to do its thing and in turn im losing steering because of it! :(

I may try the genuine Losi alloy servo saver & see how i get on with that, Or maybe even try Vitavon one, but will see.

For the throttle/brake the stock servo is meant to be ok (or so ive read) but to be honest i replaced this with also the SAVOX 0241 which has been great so far.
The servo saver has always been a weak point of the dibby, it needs cranked pretty tight. It's there in case of a crash so it shood take some effort to move, I actually found alloy on plastic was the best as the alloy (crap) wouldn't gall fast to the plastic, but still had nice slip if needed as opposed to alloy on alloy would stuck fast to each other. Don't be afraid to give a dab of blue loctite to the adjusting collar either.

Last edited:
i have duel servo in my losi 5b and they were a pita to set up.
i would just go with a single servo if i were to do it again.
the servo i am useing is the hitec 854.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks