Dunerunner help please...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared185

Hi guys,
So this is my first post here and my first 5th scale I used to do nitro but switched to electric a while back due to the price of nitro and other factors.
Anyway went shopping for another nitro last week and ended up getting this because I heard good things about them and the price was right.
Anyway first 10 min of my first run and the transfer case grub screws pop out during break in. Another few min and other screws start popping loose.

So anyway called redcat and replacements should come out soon. In the meantime I need to threadlock everything and I bought a kill switch for safety purposes.

So here's my questions
1. The screws holding the motor in are really tight and almost to the point of stripping how can I remove them without damaging them any worse I need to remove them to get the kill switch installed.

2. Since the thing is literally shaking itself to bits do I need to take the whole thing apart and put it back together with threadlock.

3.any other advice for a 5th scale noob like myself would be great

Thanks guys and cheers

Hi and welcome to the forum.

1. You don't have to take the motor out.Just take the fan cover off to get to the coil.

2. Yes

3. Enjoy

4. Feel free to ask any questions.
You'll learn a lot here.

Screws threaded into metal that feel like they may break or round out the hex, stop and heat the head of the screw with a mini butane torch. Put your hex bit in the screw head and tap on it then try to crack the screw free. You may have to do that process more than once. I know on the box it says RTR, but it really does need every screw that threads into metal pulled out and reinstalled with blue loctite. Balancing of the tires is another thing that really helps with vibration issues. Also I recommend Outerwares for the pullstarter and crank case to keep debris out. Ask away with the questions... Hope this helps

Screws threaded into metal that feel like they may break or round out the hex, stop and heat the head of the screw with a mini butane torch. Put your hex bit in the screw head and tap on it then try to crack the screw free. You may have to do that process more than once. I know on the box it says RTR, but it really does need every screw that threads into metal pulled out and reinstalled with blue loctite. Balancing of the tires is another thing that really helps with vibration issues. Also I recommend Outerwares for the pullstarter and crank case to keep debris out. Ask away with the questions... Hope this helps

I thought RTR meant Ready To Repair? ;)

Tell me about it i threadlocked all screws on drivetrain and the least possible screw you would not care to look at or disassemble the pullstart , yes, the pullstart came apart while driving and destroyed my flywheel....make sure you locktite that screw so this doesn't happen to you20180309_213619.jpg

Attachments

• 20180309_212750.jpg
    20180309_212750.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 4
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks