Dynamite 29cc engine 25:1 or 40:1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fidelity101

I purchase a used Dynamite 29cc engine on ebay and it's running in my Losi 5ive T very nicely. While surfing the web, it occurred to me that the engine I'm using was pulled from the Losi XT truck that uses the Dynamite 29cc engine...but with 40:1 fuel oil ratio.

My question: How can there be such a difference between fuel oil ratios for the same exact engine but on different vehicles? It would be significantly easier for me to simply use 32:1 on all of my engines since that's what most RC airplane engines use, but I hesitate to use anything other than 25:1 on this engine until I figure out WHY the new Losi monster truck uses the 29cc engine with 40:1.

Good to hesitate.
That's the only lubrication that engine gets, and the longer you run it, the more it needs lubricating.
25:1 you could argue is a little too rich, 'to be on the safe side'.

I never run for that long and run 32:1.
If you run a lot, and more than an hour at a time, I would simply default to what 'everybody' does - must be a reason for it - and use 25:1.

Definitely would not run 40:1 other than a short 'power run' and it's not that certain there'll be much difference. I do believe the temperatures will increase a little as well.

Al.

IMO 25:1 is a little too rich as well.

32:1, 93 octane with AT LEAST semi-synthetic reputable two stroke oil (motorcycle, not marine).

Make sure those vents never get clogged with grass, leaves, making it creep in temps for a long time will fry the top end quick.

Thank you Crankestein! I'm going to burn through my 25:1 and then stick with 32:1 because it's just easier to keep all of my engines on the same mixture.

you should be running 25:1 in all your motors. less oil does not make it faster. If you look at some of the fastest motors in the world(modellsport m2 & abbate RR) they run 20:1.

In other forums many run 32:1 w high quality 93 octane or higher using synthetic oil.
The 25:1 drags on from the weed eater recommendations and considering most users will be putting in the cheapest oil they can find on the shelves of most hardware stores and the fact they are not tuning experts in a very basic situation. The 32 to 1 comes in with the use of synthetic oil, high quality carburetors and dealing with people who know how to tune.
Seeing that many ask about what is the ideal ratio it would ideal to recommend 25 to 1 and leave it at that. The engine will still be safe and we all gonna be happy. Once you feel comfortable and think you can step it up to 32 then go for it.
Once again, in pocket bikes 20:1 is extremely rich. On my engines be it pb or rc its too much oil, very difficult to start and to tune.

I don't know where you coming from w the 20:1...

Here is a link which which state race rc truck champions use 40:1 and extreme advanced tuners 50:1.

http://powermasterfuels.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64&Itemid=33

No, I am telling you that Power Masters is right and you are wrong.

I don't need to put my hand on a stove to know it will burn, or do drugs to figure out if its good for me.
A priest does not need to have a family to provide marital advice.

Your line of thinking is obsolete and irrational.

Its a matter of checking Losi5ive, HPIBaja, and RedCatRampage forums, almost all experienced large scale enthusiasts go synthetic and into the 30:1 or higher, thats when looking into maximum performance.

I am NOT stating the facts, just what I have seen others move to once they have more experience with two stroke tuning and fuel mixtures. But talking about myself in this case, I prefer 93 octane and 25:1 with Lucas Semi-synthetic, burns clean with good idle, minimal carbon deposit.
We can be here all night what are the best needle settings for Zenoah, OBR, Fuelie, the reason why there are countless forums and discussions about the same subject.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks