Easy pull starter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Noxious

Howdy fellas
Installing a easy pull on my Baja 5b 30.5
Supposed to fit. Have installed new flywheel twice but outer edge of fins rub on engine shroud. Flywheel seems to be seated good but still runs. Looks lie I need to grind about a 1/16 off the outside edge of each fin. Anybody else experienced this?

If I was to guess I'm gunna say your flywheel isn't seated on the crank all the way... pull it off and check for burrs on the crank and especially the key on the crank

Your flywheel defo isn't on the crank far enough, there should be couple mm gap between flywheel and cover.
Make sure you use original nut to tighten flywheel onto crank, if rovan easy start don't use the standoff nut to tighten flywheel on, use original nut then swap over for standoff nut.

Ok thanks I’m using the spark plug bolt to secure piston not sure how much torque I need and not to damage piston

Um Guys, I want you all to look at the flywheel real close. It's not finished. See the ring going all the way around the edge . It's not suppose to be there. The Flywheel didn't get it's finished machining process. It's won't matter how far you try and put it on the crank its not gonna work.

Attachments

• dr230flywheel.jpg
    dr230flywheel.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 11
That’s a stock fly wheel
Easy pull is different
Look at the picture you posted . Look where your finger is pointing. See the ring that is hitting the case/flywheel cover? That's not suppose to be there. You said this is a new flywheel. Look at the pictures I posted . Do you see a anythng attached to the fins on the outer edge of the flywheel in the pictures I posted?

Look at the picture you posted . Look where your finger is pointing. See the ring that is hitting the case/flywheel cover? That's not suppose to be there. You said this is a new flywheel. Look at the pictures I posted . Do you see a anythng attached to the fins on the outer edge of the flywheel in the pictures I posted?
i get what ya mean coop, but bob noxious pic the ring your on about is the hole in the fan case, not attached to the flywheel (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks