ebay.. WTF is best offer ^^ ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizdaz

ok call me a noob etc!

wot TEH fuk does "Best Offer" mean on ebay!?

theres some steel gears that had a "Buy Now" for £40, but it also had a "Best Offer" so i thought fuk it gunna use that! ...anyway i was gunna do like, £5 but thought that be pushing it :p

so i did £35 (a fiver is a fiver!) & went through the payment via paypal, does this mean my offer was accepted & i got my gears ^^ ? lol

I've done a few 'Best Offer' fleabay jobbies.
Some require the seller's feedback, some seem to have a preset lower permitted amount.
Your £40 gear may have 'best offer' and a lower limit, for argument's sake of £25, for all we know.
You offer £38 - fine, sorted.
You offer £27 - fine, sorted.
YOU WILL NEVER KNOW the lower value - fun eh? !!! :(

its an automatic accept....you put in the lowest amount you will accept

then keep your fingers crossed........you could have tried a fiver and worked

your way up till the lowest price was reached:lol:

I had no idea what's how it worked, I thought you submitted your offer then waited to for the seller to accept or deny the offer. I'll keep that in mind the next time! :)

Yes the seller can set their a Accept Offer limit and can also set up a Reject offer limits.

EG:
Buy Now Price: £1700
Accept Offers Over: £1600, automatic sale.
Reject Offers Under: £1400, anything under this is automatically rejected.
Anything between the max and the reject offers will be down to the seller.

well i offered £35 but ow do i know if ive got it ^^ ...in my list of *won* auctions it shows up, ive contacted the seller yesterday but no reply :s was hoping to get my gears for the weekend.

i know the gears you have purchased as i bought a set myself from ebay. the offer i put in was £35.00 and it was accepted i know for a fact that the lowest amount the seller would accept was £35.00 as i put in several bids starting from £28.00 to £34.00 and they where all declined until i entered £35.00 and it was accepted. this was his lowest figure and at that price they where a bargain. if its in your won items and you have paid via paypal they are yours. hope this helps.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks