engine break in/oil/additive questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcpython59

ok so i am about to get a km model,but i hear lots of different break in procedures and how you should use special oils for break in,but i would like to have some feedback on how to break it in and what oils and additives are needed for break in.
also i am not able to get pure gasoline in my area,so i think i heard sta-bil is supposed to counter the effects of the ethanol in the fuel,please help.

Engine Break-in Procedure

New engine break-in procedure

1. Take it easy on the engine for the first two tanks

2. Heat cycle twice, run the engine for 20 minutes and let it fully cool down
3. We recommend 91 octane fuel, mixed at 25:1 Our preffered oil is Castor 927
4. Let your engine warm up before driving
5. Try to vary the rpms during breaking.
5. DO NOT HOLD FULL THROTTLE UNTIL THE ENGINE IS COMPLETELY BROKEN IN!!!
7. Do not use octane booster

Troy

break in

after you do what outtaluck is suggesting, use amsoil synthetic. i am using a no ethanol 91 octane we can buy here at select stations. if you send me your e-mail, i will send you a link to no ethanol stations in each state.

I use SEF 50:1 by BP racing fuels. The mfg says it is 94 octane with no ethanol. For break in I add .68 oz. of 2 stroke oil to a 32oz. can to bring the ratio to 25:1 I have also used their 4 stroke 94 octane gas and added the amount of oil needed to get the ratio I want.

Opps

@hotrod
i have tried that site but the closest no ethanol station is an hour away from me
I wrote B P fuels I should have wrote V P fuels, These are the same folks that blend the nirto fuels sold in the hobby shops in 32 oz cans and racing gas for the drag race industry. They sell it in anything from 32 oz cans to 55 gal drums. You may have to mail order it, I get mine at the local mower repair shop, Type VP fuel or SEF in your browser and you should find it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks