Engine Flooding CY23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csp1971

I am having some trouble with my cy23 in my Baja. (also posted over in hbf)

Here is what i have tried to get it to run:

- needle settings: 1.5 H and 1.25 L (also tried 1.5 L)
- set up the idle screw about 2 turns out (which is where it has always been)
- initially, i pushed the bulb once, closed the choke, pulled a couple times, nothing
- opened the choke, pulled about 5 times, nothing.
- pulled out the plug, super wet. Turned the car upside down with plug out, pulled a half dozen times to clear the fuel
- tried again. and again. and again.

I noticed, at least what it seems like that my throttle linkage on the carb seems to be leaking out of both sides of the carb (if that makes sense, it's the brassy looking part that the goes through the carb body and hooks to the part near the idle screw). Also, i pulled off the air cleaner to check things and there was lots of fuel in the air cleaner. I changed out the fuel tubing to be sure I didn't have some sort of leak.

So at this point, I'm at a loss. I have a little over a gallon on this thing. Any ideas? I'm going to pick up some carb cleaner tomorrow and spray it down really good. I'm also going to remove the carb and plug to let it dry out overnight.

Compression seems fine. Nothing out of the ordinary. Fuel is relatively new (about a month).

Any suggestions?

you may need to pull the carb off and check the pulse port ( small hole on bottom of the carb, you ll see the same hole on the bottom of the manifold, and the cylinder if you take the manifold off). If this hole gets plugged, it will easily flood the motor.

gl and keep us posted on what you find out.
Timmahh

Great news, it's running. Pup1970 from HBF came by my house this evening to take a look at it. Helluva guy, took the stuff apart, tested the spark, to which there was hardly a spark and took off the plastic housing......grass everywhere which was probably why there was hardly a spark.Started right up after that.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks