ENGINE LIFE HIGH HOURS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirigo88

I have had this rovan 30.5cc going on 5 years. All i hear is there cheap junk. Cant say how many gallons through it but a lot. Run year round in snow and summer. Really impressed for $400ish back when i bought it. Anyone else have high hours on original motor?

IMG_0598.jpeg

IMG_0597.jpeg

Well that is good to hear.
Picked up a basher Baja Q from them and been putting it through the paces. Not a lot of hours yet but good that it might last a while.
I don't want to say I abuse it but not afraid to drive it hard either.

Im just shocked but maybe I'm just lucky. Im saying like in the winter on ice tread wide open runs many winters. Summer same thing hard bashing.

Generally they are pretty sloppy build quality. I've had a lot of them apart over the years and it just seems hit and miss on casting quality from one batch to the next. Few of our other members have confirmed this over the years. Polar did a fairly detailed teardown and "blue print" of a rovan engine. A few years ago. Went through the normal cleaning up casting flaws/mold buggers, etc and had quite a nice running engine afterwards.
As to my longest lived engine, that would still go to the g320 that replaced the Cy 23cc in my dbxl 1.0. Lost track of how many gallons of fuel went through it over the years. Actually had to re-ring it once. Sold the dbxl years ago, but still have that engine here somewhere.

I was worried but took a chance anyway and for $449 bucks and bought one. It has been an awesome car so far. Only things to brake so far are two screws in the front end. Both after I hit something. Not sure on the time or hours now but it is a bunch. The 30.5cc in mine runs real good so far. This was my first 5th scale gas car, maybe I am lucky and got a good one, who knows. I am real happy with it so far. Bajas look cool also.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks